The individual is responsible for accurate maintenance of central hard copy files, coordination between the hard files and computer records, and performing research tasks as assigned. The Records Technician works with all members of the staff.
1. Respond to questions and requests for guidance on the records archival process.
2. Proactively protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information processed by and/or in the custody of the organization.
3. Maintain secure storage for records with controlled access to prevent loss, damage or unauthorized us.e
4. Manage records management database, including uploading documents into database and some data-entry of record transfer and/or checkout/in information.
5. Validation of data-entry.
6. Searches for records based on requests in various mediums (i.e. database, paper etc. ).
7. Move and retrieve boxes of records from shelving as needed (use lift equipment required for records on higher shelves).
8. Maintain a safe working environment and workplace safety behaviors.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, may be required to perform additional duties as determined by management or project objective.
High school diploma or GED required.
1. Computer data entry experience.
2. Computer proficiency.
3. Experience in personnel procedures.
1. Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screening.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Bristol Bay Native Corporation - 14 months ago