Now is an excellent opportunity to advance your career today! The Principal Systems Engineer - Avionics role will allow you to showcase your talent in a dynamic start-up team environment.
Honeywell Aerospace is an $11B SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Bendix King is a strategic business unit in Honeywell Aerospace. It is a global leader in Aviation serving General Aviation (GA) business. Its quality products, integrated system solutions, and services make flying more comfortable, more secure, and more productive in every corner of our world. You can find leading-edge Bendix King Technology in all its current products in GA cockpits of the world. This position will be located in Albuquerque , NM .
This position is responsible for the development and certification of Bendix King products for General Aviation aircraft.
Positions are available for engineers in the following product areas: NAV/COM, Displays and Integrated Systems, Portable Products and Data Services, Flight Instruments and Controls, Surveillance (Transponder/TCAS), and GPS.
The key responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Provide technical expertise as team leader/member for a variety of new product development projects (including activities of full product development life cycle).
- Provide ongoing engineering support for existing (legacy) Bendix King products.
- Ensure execution to product certification, including any function-specific quality and certification requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 10 years experience with full Avionics product development life cycle.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Broad knowledge of avionics systems and interfaces including certification of GA systems and Avionics products , or domain expertise.
- A strong project management background with demonstrated experience in leading product development programs.
- Demonstrated ability to generate requirements and certification plans, as applicable to the specific product/domain area.
- Understand all engineering disciplines (systems, hardware, software) with product development expertise in at least one area.
- Ability to development and drive consistent and efficient engineering processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively (internally) with all engineering disciplines, as well as with test services, production teams, and engineering leadership, both on a project as well as a detailed technical level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external suppliers, subcontractors, and customers.
- Ability to lead cross-functional engineers (systems, software, and hardware) to ensure project success.
- Expertise in a specific technical area that can be applied across any project (i.e., systems safety analysis, qualification testing, MOPS testing).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of applying certification requirements to a product / airplane certification program.
- Direct application of avionics systems, software, and hardware development processes and standards, including ARP4754, DO-160D, and DO-178B.
- Ability to perform complex technical tasks and manage challenging cost and schedule targets.
- A private pilot's license is highly desirable.
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell - 23 months ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...