This role is responsible for processing student financial aid applications assigned to the team. Each team member is assigned a subset of student applications to review, process, and service. Team members review each applicant’s file to determine eligibility for financial assistance by way of available financial aid programs. Student Financial Services Senior Specialists are expected to be knowledgeable regarding regulations pertaining to eligibility for all financial aid programs. A Student Financial Services Senior Specialist will likely be asked to perform quality assurance reviews of other Student Financial Services Specialist’s results.
- Ensure student financial aid applications are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Responsible for the execution of financial aid policies, requirements, and procedures
- Provide superior customer service and efficiency in response to campus and student inquiries
- Stay informed and responsive to changing program regulations
- Accurately perform Return to Title IV calculations and associated decisions
- Develop proficiency and become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific financial aid processes or procedures.
- Provide on the job training for new Student Financial Services Specialists
- Promote a work environment that is positive, student-centered, and compliant with established policies and procedures
- Support cooperative cross-functional, cross-regional communications and dialogue by maintaining a close working relationship with campus teams, regional teams, Bursar, Internal Audit, and related groups
- Work independently and provide regular status updates to management team
- Ensure the security of financial aid applications, documents, systems, and students’ personally identifiable information
- Effectively use information to identify and escalate issues as needed
- Assume responsibility to prioritize emerging issues, handle concurrent objectives and meet deadlines
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
Strayer University has been successfully educating working adults since 1892. Through the years we've grown to become a respected national...