Kirtland Air Force Base, New Mexico, in southeast Albuquerque, is nestled between the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges. It is home to Air Force Materiel Command's Nuclear Weapons Center and its subordinate wings. It is also home to the Directed Energy and Space Vehicle Directorates of the Air Force Research Laboratory.
This announcement is being posted to fill positions through the Direct Hire Authority for Health Care Positions . This Direct Hire Authority is being used to recruit qualified individuals to designated Health Care positions. The Under Secretary of Defense, Personnel and Readiness, delegated to the Secretary of the Air Force FY 2012, the authority and responsibility to appoint health care professionals in certain occupations and at all grade levels, authority to recruit and appoint qualified persons to those positions. Your application will remain active and on file for 30 days after the closing date of the announcement.
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE RECEIVED PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT:
1. Online Application (Occupational Questionnaire)
2. Résumé , for each block of work experience you must include month/year (starting/ending dates), salary, hours per week, job title, supervisors name/phone number (may we contact statement).
3. Transcripts (unofficial) , if qualifying based on education OR if this position has an educational requirement.
4. Veterans , if you are a veteran with preference you must submit a copy of your DD-214 (a copy stating character of service, Service-2, Service-7, Member-4, or etc.). If not separated you may provide a memo from your Military Personnel Office that includes your "character of service". In addition, if claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a current VA letter dated 1991 or later stating your overall/combined percent of disability and a Standard Form (SF) 15 "Application for 10-pont Veterans' Preference". For more information on veterans' preference see www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx .
5. If applying under ICTAP eligibility, all supporting documents must be provided at time of application. Please refer to the ICTAP portion of the 'Benefits & Other Info' section of this announcement. KEY REQUIREMENTS
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Student Loan Repayment/Recruitment bonus will not be authorized
Recruitment incentives will be paid
Service credit (leave) may be granted for directly related experience DUTIES:
As an Supervisory Industrial Hygienist, GS-0690-13, you will plan, organize, and oversee the activities while exercising second level supervisory and managerial authorities over the Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health Program. You will also:
BASIC REQUIREMENT :
- Exercise supervisory personnel management responsibilities.
- Represent Bioenvironmental Engineering Flight and Medical Group with a variety of installation and functional area organizations.
- Manage and administer an Industrial Hygiene program at a large military multi-mission installation using expert knowledge of Industrial Hygiene practices and principles; knowledge sufficient to develop complex or new control methods; knowledge of most complex operations, processes, materials, and equipment.
- Serve as a technical authority in planning, developing, organizing, administering, evaluating, and coordinating a comprehensive safety and occupational health program for all areas of an installation engaged in diverse, high risk operations and functions, including tenant activities. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
A. Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in industrial hygiene; or a branch of engineering, physical science, or life science that included 12 semester hours in chemistry, including organic chemistry, and 18 additional semester hours of courses in any combination of chemistry, physics, engineering, health physics, environmental health, biostatistics, biology, physiology, toxicology, epidemiology, or industrial hygiene (courses in the history or teaching of chemistry are not acceptable).
B. Combination of education and experience--at least 12 semester hours of course work in chemistry, including organic chemistry, and 18 additional semester hours as specified in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
AND IN ADDITION TO MEETING THE BASIC REQUIREMENT LISTED ABOVE:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower qualifying grade, GS-12, pay band or other pay systems. Equivalent experience must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. Specialized experience equivalent to GS-12 is defined as knowledge and experience in supervision, program direction, authoritative technical and administrative advice and guidance for the Industrial Hygiene, environmental, occupational safety and health programs for a large multi-mission military installation. Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Professional knowledge of industrial hygiene, occupational safety and health principles, radiation safety practices and environmental principles.
2. Knowledge of operational risk management principles and how to conduct risk bases assessments.
3. Knowledge of safety and security regulations, practices, and procedures.
4. Ability to plan, organizes, and directs the functions and mentor, motivate, and apprise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
5. Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.
O nce the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. The Human Resource Specialist uses your responses to the occupational questionnaire, along with your resume and supporting documentation, to determine if you meet regulatory eligibilities listed in this vacancy announcement.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating .
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment. BENEFITS:
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees. http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc . OTHER INFORMATION:
1. This position requires the employee to occasionally travel away from the normal duty station on military or commercial aircraft.
2. May be subject to recall due to mission critical status when action as Flight Commander.
3. A security clearance is required for this position.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: The work is primarily sedentary, although some slight physical effort may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: W ork is normally performed in an adequately lighted and climate controlled office.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: If you are deaf or Hard of Hearing and need assistance, please contact your local Video Relay Service provider to contact Andrea Rathbun at (801) 586-1819 for assistance.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION: Individuals with disabilities possess a wealth of unique talents, experiences, and competencies that can be invaluable to the U.S. Air Force mission. For further information or to determine your eligibility click here: Special Hiring Authorities . ( http://www.opm.gov/disability/peoplewithdisabilities.asp ) Applicants who are selected must meet the qualification requirements and be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. If you are eligible and wish to be considered for non-competitive appointment, please indicate 5CFR 213.3102(u) on your resume or state you are an individual with a disability eligible for a Schedule A appointment and follow all other instructions for applying.
REEMPLOYED ANNUITANTS: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. For more information on this policy please go to: http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDI140025-V300.pdf
ICTAP: Individuals who have special priority selection rights under the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) must be rated as well qualified (80), without veterans' preference points, based on the answers provided to the questions contained in the Assessment Questionnaire and supporting application material, for the position to receive consideration for special priority selection. Well qualified candidates are also required to meet any job-related personal, suitability, and/or medical requirements established for this position. In addition to submitting documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record, which must be at least fully successful or the equivalent, ICTAP eligibles must submit one of the following as proof of eligibility for the special selection priority: a separation notice; a "Notice of Personnel Action" (SF-50) documenting separation; an agency certification that you cannot be placed after "injury" compensation has been terminated; an OPM notification that your disability annuity has been terminated; OR a Military Department or National Guard Bureau notification that you are retired under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456. For more information, click here: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov ).
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. Your resume must reflect the experience identified on the questionnaire. The Human Resource Specialist uses your responses to the occupational questionnaire, along with your resume and supporting documentation, to determine if you meet regulatory appointment authority and qualifications as listed in this vacancy announcement.
usajobs.gov - 23 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...