Working at NYC Media Lab offers an incredible opportunity to be a part of the community of innovation that is transforming the city. In a short time, NYC Media Lab has become a powerful force uniting Companies and Universities to spur digital media innovation in New York City.
As we continue to grow our member base and expand our programs, we are seeking a highly motivated Marketing and Social Media Manager to support these efforts. This position will work with the Executive Director and Membership Director to create, promote, and execute programs such as in-person events, online collaboration tools, membership materials, and thought-leadership content.
Application Form Display:
big data visualization, and social advertising)
- Create and post content on NYC Media Lab website and blog
- Manage guest post article submission process and deadlines
- Compose and post items for Twitter and Flickr
- Conduct research on future event topics and participant prospects as needed (past event topics include: gamification,
- Add to and update public database of researchers in NYC
- Reconcile, update, and manage various contact repositories and mailing lists
- Schedule and execute direct mailings to the user base via MailChimp
- Promote events, activities, etc.
NYC Media Lab operates in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment. These initial responsibilities could quickly expand for the right candidate.
Experience: College degree, minimum of 1 or 2 years of work experience
Skills: Writing, copy-editing, proficient with web-based software applications, strong project management skills. Knowledge of Google Apps, Eventbrite, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Highrise and blogging software a plus. Willingness to learn is more important.
Attributes: Reliable, detail-oriented, patient problem-solver, self-starter, and independent worker. Career focus on marketing and social media. Interest in cutting-edge digital media and technology. Design sensibility.
Location: NYC Media Lab is located in Downtown Brooklyn at NYU Poly.
Higher education is at the core of this Big Apple institution. The setting and heritage of New York University (NYU) make it one of the...