Health Unit Coordinator, Part Time, Weekends, Surgery, IBMC
Health Unit Coordinator
Job Code: 8110
The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of patient records, patient information supplies, equipment and communication. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Health Unit Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Answers the telephone and intercom promptly, relaying information to the appropriate personnel
* Provides information and customer service to patients, family members and visitors
* Assembles and maintains patient medical records from admission to discharge, following prescribed procedures
* Continuously monitors electronic patient medical records, communicates physician orders and test results and scans patient information into the computer system as needed
* Maintains inventory of patient chargeable and non-chargeable supplies for the unit
* Coordinates patient care activities, procedures and transportation with appropriate personnel
* Maintains, operates, troubleshoots and performs quality assurance checks on all office and computer equipment
The Health Unit Coordinator reports to the department Director.
Required Physical Demands:
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Constantly; activity exists 2/3 or more of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Knowledge of medical terminology
* 6 months previous unit clerk experience or the successful completion of a structured unit clerk curriculum preferred
* Experience in computerized data entry and/or keyboarding preferred
* Experience in customer service role preferred
* Typing 20 wpm
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written)
Integris Health - 10 months ago
INTEGRIS Health shoots for integrity by providing a range of health services to residents throughout the Sooner state. The company, one of...