Job Summary and Mission
The ERP Development Team seeks a Senior Application Developer to help drive our Order to Cash space forward in our Oracle E-Business Suite implementations. Given Starbucks’ multifaceted growth and complex distribution network, this position will be exposed to intricate, evolving models and scaling challenges, necessitating a deep understanding of the EBS technology stack and the Order Management, E-Commerce Gateway, and Inventory modules. In addition to the E-Business Suite domain, the enterprise is embarking on a journey into SOA services, and experience and understanding of java EE, web services and the SOA Suite are important. This role is a software development role with leadership components.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Designs, develops, implements, documents, and tests changes to EBS components, integrations and extensions. Creates complex prototypes, ensures deliverables are high quality, and meets user expectations. Supports system and integration testing activities. Initiates design reviews for new applications and adheres to software development standards.
- Provide leadership in driving key initiatives forward, working cross functionally through complex and ambiguous problems. Significant contributor to strategy, systems planning, scheduling and implementation. Collaborates with project team to keep projects on schedule by coordinating activities of other developers, monitoring project schedules, and costs.
- Participate in roadmap development to project planning. Partner with appropriate teams and the business customers to help identify and influence and solution opportunities and efforts, as well as shape approach, for efforts 6 to 18 months out.
- Play a key role in platform stewardship for the Oracle E-Business Suite environment – help ensure EBS ecosystem is scalable, flexible, durable and secure.
- Analytically engaged in requirements gathering and functional specification activities. May assist Functional Analysts in completing deliverables and translates business requirements and functional designs into technical designs. Assists with development of functional designs and resolving complex design issues. Proactively consults as senior technical expert to analyze the business needs and shape approach.
- Resolves and helps mitigate production application issues and assists less experienced application developers as needed. Works with other business and technology teams to support resolution of end-user inquiries. Contributes to the documentation of production support processes. Anticipates long term support issues and plans for corrective actions. Conduct root cause analysis to identify permanent resolutions to software or business process issues.
- Researches new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks, as the business portfolio needs and technology industry continue to evolve.
Summary of Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 7+ years of Application Development experience, exposed to all phases of development – from design through production support.
- 5+ years of Oracle E-Business Suite Application Development/Implementation experience, which include being the authoritative author for multiple key integrations and extensions.
- 3+ years of working with Java, preferably with services and distributed solutions. Experience with open source technologies and standards are a plus. This entails JEE-compliant solutions on Java application services, example technologies & standards include RESTful or SOAP web services, TomEE/Tomcat 7+, RESTEasy, MyBatis, Apache CXF, and Spring.
- 1+ year of E-Commerce Gateway is preferred, but not required.
- 1+ year of iStore or other ‘I’ modules are helpful, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Solid interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate and socialize problems and ideas across functional and technical teams. Creative problem solver and critical thinker, with experience prioritizing and negotiating competing efforts, is also required.
- Willingness and ability to lead within and across the team. Leadership activities might include championing an effort, facilitating meetings, providing communication and status for an effort, gaining organizational alignment, keeping a project on schedule, and overseeing technical efforts for internal and external developer resources.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Experience in some combination of Oracle’s developer tools, including Oracle Workflow, BI publisher, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, and JDeveloper - OAF, JTF, ADF with JSF.
- Oracle Performance tuning and troubleshooting skills – Strong ability to utilize available tools, such as Oracle’s instrumentation (AWR/ASH) and other profiling or instrumentation tools to identify problems and remediate.
- Thorough understanding of the EBS OTC processes, including order capture from various sources, scheduling and shipping, inventory setup and management, pricing, invoice creation, and collection. This includes the underlying data model, data state changes through each of the process steps, open API’s available, and typical operational issues. Developers are not expected to be analysts; however, an understanding is valued. Examples would include module setup and configuration, manual transaction entry, accounting and general business process knowledge. Oracle functional certifications in Order Management are considered in this respect.
- Experience with Oracle’s E-Commerce Gateway (ECG) is helpful, as this is an important component to our EBS solution.
- Experience with Oracle’s Order Management (ONT), Inventory (INV) and Shipping Execution (WSH) PL/SQL API’s are preferred.
- Experience with distributed java programming, including Fusion Middleware and SOA Suite is a plus. Leadership and production experience in this capacity would be highly valued.
- Experience with an R12 upgrade is a plus, as well as an understanding of new R12 features such as SubLedger Accounting and the Tax engine
- Puts the Customer First – Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience.
- Works Well with Others – Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive.
- Leads Courageously – Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions.
- Develops Continuously – Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty, and commitment to hire, coach, and develop partners to achieve their potential.
- Achieves Results – Understands what drives overall business success and is accountable to prioritize and deliver quality results. Demonstrates knowledge of core products and processes to get results. Anticipates obstacles and takes action to prevent or minimize their impact.
Application Development Services
Starbucks - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect and...