Reference Code: 12026408
Location: New York, NY, US
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
This senior level Relationship Manager requires a critical skill-set and level experience in areas that are not easily duplicated in the market. This would include Energy, International Banking, HealthCare, Film Industry or any other specialty areas in Commercial Banking. Proactively executes integrated sales, service and relationship strategies to support growth and retention of business customers. Develops new-to-bank business relationships, as well as cross-marketing /needs fulfillment for exiting clients, through segment-based sales plans to achieve revenue growth targets and maximize operating capabilities and profitability. Current business segment includes those clients with revenues from $20 to $250+ million annually. Clients in this segment typically require more complex product offerings and customized credit decisions made in the field.
- Lead the formulation and implementation of long and short-term strategic plans and objectives to increase market share/penetration and maximize opportunities for growth throughout the marketplace.
- Provide strong, compassionate and visible leadership, which fosters positive attitudes and trust among employees, clients and prospects.
- Provide product specialists with qualified referrals for cross-sell. Assist in closing deals across all products.
- Excellent judge of potential qualified clients/deals. Expert at structuring deals to balance risk and reward. Expert at recognizing early warning signs and closely monitors clients to anticipate changes in risk rating. Proactively identifies issues and restructures relationship to mitigate potential future risk.
- Partner with other Citi businesses (i.e. Retail Banking, Treasury, etc.) to ensure ongoing and appropriate communication to support overall client and franchise objectives.
- Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence, diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
- Through extensive involvement, lead local community awareness that the bank is critically focused on partnering in the community and on providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the middle market companies housed in the marketplace.
- Oversee and ensure safe and sound underwriting/credit practices and overall leadership of a sound lending activity.
- Strictly adhere to internal control policies such as the account opening protocols of accurate collection, completion and updating of all required documentation.
- Ensure that the organization's activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
- Undergraduate business degree, advanced degree is preferred
- Should have a minimum of 10 years business/commercial banking experience, preferably within roles of increasing responsibility
- Must bring an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of commercial banking and an ability to quickly learn new products and services availability
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
- Must be a self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and presentation skills
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Should be able to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external constituencies
- Must possess sound judgment and be creative in providing credit/deposit solutions to bank clients
- Must be results oriented and move fast to meet customer needs
- Formal commercial credit training or experience is also anticipated
- The successful candidates will posses the ability to offer sophisticated financial solutions and services while emphasizing the local feel of a community bank
- Candidate should have a proven track record of managing and leading through complex change
Citi - 11 months ago
Citi is today's pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could ac...