Administers enrollment processes and related functions.
- Collaborates with management team in the development of admission and enrollment goals, strategies, and initiatives; participates in planning enrollment events.
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data to prepare reports for management.
- Recommends and implements improvements to existing technical systems and office operations.
- Serves as resource reference to interpret and comply with University and College enrollment policies.
- Prepares and reviews student communication materials.
- May coordinate aspects of student entry from point of allocation to include orientation, advisement, and collection of admitted student documents.
- May supervise office operations and/or department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
This position will work in the Center for Worker Education - Interdisciplinary Studies (CWE).
In addition to the duties above, responsibilities include:
- Serve as a resource to provide program information to students.
- Provide referrals to student services on-site and at City College's main campus including financial aid, tutoring, library, computer services, psychological counseling, and career services.
- Assist students with resolving transcript and registration issues.
- Prepare graduation audit for all Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
- Coordinate recruitment efforts for the Center for Worker Education.
- Continue and evaluate existing recruitment strategies and recommend new ones as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Admissions Coordinator to stay apprised of current admissions policies and update recruitment materials.
- Develop relationships with labor, public sector, non-profit, community, and community college constituencies.
- Liaise with the City College Office of Admissions about college fairs and other recruitment opportunities.
- Assist with facilitating admissions workshops.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' related experience required.
Master's degree is preferred. The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have experience working with adults in a higher education academic setting
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to students and encourage them to fulfill their potential and achieve their academic and career goals
- Be a strong verbal and written communicator
- Have superior organizational skills
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively with a staff of professional colleagues, faculty, and support staff
- Exercise initiative and be able to work independently
- Be computer-literate in Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
- Experience with social media
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions. If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
Open until filled with the review of applications to begin 02/25/2013.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.