Yoh has a Direct Hire Opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator - RedHat Linux Expert to join our client in downtown Phoenix, AZ.
Note: This job entails expert skill level in Redhat Linux administration (70%) and Windows Administration (30%).
- Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Recommends the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications.
- Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the data center by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages user accounts.
- Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
- Provides server support related to other software.
- Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, backup libraries and other components.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
- Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Provide Windows support as needed.
Discover all that's possible with Yoh. Apply now.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- RedHat Certified Engineer is Preferred.
- Seven (7) plus years experience with Linux/Unix environment.
- Four (4) plus years of experience with RedHat/CentOs administration.
- Five (5) years experience with Bash/Shell.
- Three (3) years with Perl/Python or equivalent.
- Five (5) years with rpm/yum package management.
- Five (5) plus years with TCP/IP and Linux including network bonding and redundancy configuration and setup including IPtables and security configurations.
- Four (4) plus years with x86 hardware platforms.
- Two (2) plus years experience with securing and hardening Linux.
- Three (3) plus years with distributed syslog administration configuration.
- Three (3) plus years with Windows Administration including active direction, installations and hardware setup and configuration.
- Proficient with Linux kernel compilation and configuration.
- Proficient in integrating Linux/Unix environments with Active Directory / OpenLDAP.
- Proficient in physical, virtual, cloud and hybrid environments.
- Proficient with accounts, groups, and file system permissions and configuration.
Recruiter: Gomathi B ( Gomes)
Phone Number: 602 384 2502
Yoh is a professional staffing provider with over 70 years of experience in the short and long-term staffing services industry; visit our website to learn more about our company. If you are seeking workforce solutions in the IT sector, see our comprehensive IT Staffing Resources .
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Tax Term: FULLTIME
Yoh Services, LLC
- 2 years ago - save job
Yoh Company is a unit of Yoh, one of the largest staffing services firms in the United States with more than 550 million USD in total...