Virtela is the world’s largest independent managed network, security, and cloud services company. Virtela offers an award-winning suite of services – including managed networks, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management to the fastest growing companies around the world.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills;
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the name of the position in the subject line.
- Strong Customer service attitude with superior people skills
- PERL application development (not just basic scripting)
- Full lifecycle support, Concept – Design systems architecture – Perform development – Ops Support
- Various applications automation projects for email automation, high volume Syslog processing and analysis, Integration with BSS tools, etc.
- Hands on experience supporting Enterprise applications. Expert level programming with PERL, Python, Ruby
- Lead troubleshooting and performance tuning of applications, MySQL databases, and Unix systems
- Extensive experience with Open source tools, GNU/Linux (Redhat/CentOS/Fedora/Ubuntu), MySQL DBs
- Working knowledge of Internet services, systems monitoring and management, and open source tools with emphasis on SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, and SQL. Strong Skills for automation of repeatable work.
- Perform everyday tasks such as systems planning, configuring systems, installing software, providing guidance in technical meetings, defining standards, assisting with research and design for architectural issues, assisting/providing status updates, attending project meetings and implementation support of new applications
- Ability to perform 24x7x365 on-call duty with other systems team members
- Strong documentation skills
Virtela Technology Services Incorporated - 8 months ago