CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a leading provider of engineering, scientific, and program management support services to some of the top agencies in the U.S. government, including NASA, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Department of Homeland Security and the intelligence community. Currently, CENTRA is seeking a
Software Developer/Applications Engineer
to work at the NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA.
The successful candidate shall provide services including software/applications development and support, engineering analyses, and participation in aeroscience research activities conducted by the Advanced Aircraft Projects Office, NASA Ames Research Center. The best candidate is one with an aerospace/scientific background who has spent a few years immersed in a workgroup whose product is software that can analyze aircraft, such as flight trajectory, controls, aerodynamics, or heat transfer.
Candidate must be a U.S Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET level security clearance.
He/she shall perform the following tasks:
- Provide software development and application support to computational and measurement activities. The candidate shall:
- Develop and apply simulation and modeling software on PC platforms under Windows and Linux-type environments.
- Assist in the development of large scale software projects. Perform coding, validation, and testing of contractually developed software from various sources. Communicate and consult with other developers and users to improve product
- Provide computational support of measurements efforts. Coordinate with technical staff in other disciplines to assure software development conforms to project requirements
- Perform software programming, application, documentation, script generation, data reduction, and report generation
- Assist in the planning and development of efficient computational methodologies to automate processes in order to optimize workflow and minimize subjectivity in analysis and modeling.
- Participate in Government, industry, or professional association sponsored training courses, seminars, and/or conferences that will enhance Code AM’s understanding of computational capabilities.
- Attend technical meetings and serve as consultant for software development.
The candidate shall possess at least a BS degree in engineering, physics, or mathematics. An MS degree is preferred. Preferred educational background would be one (or more) degrees in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or another type of Engineering. A degree in Computer Science is acceptable provided the work experience is in aerospace. At least 5 years of performing scientific software development is required. Experience in the development and execution of computational modeling tools to simulate physical processes related to aerospace applications is a plus. The candidate shall have proficiency in developing software using two or more major programming languages, including C++ and FORTRAN, while employing good programming practices. MATLAB and JAVA experience is also desired. Experience applying software in both a Windows and Linux-type environment is preferred. The candidate should be proficient in using Microsoft Office packages, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel. The candidate should be self-motivated, a team player, well organized, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Team leadership experience is desired.
Candidate must be willing to travel 5-7 times per year.
The candidate shall provide technical briefings and memorandums as required to document work accomplished.
CENTRA Technology, Inc. is a rapidly growing small company providing systems engineering and analysis services to local, state and federal government and commercial customers. We have offices in Burlington, MA and Arlington, VA. CENTRA Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a full range of benefits, including competitive salary, comprehensive health plan including dental coverage, company-paid life & disability insurance policies, 401(k) plan with company match and profit sharing, ESOP, incentive bonuses, and a generous educational reimbursement program.
If you would like to apply for this position, please e-mail your resume to
. Please reference job code
in subject line.