Position involves innovating, developing, designing, implementing new communications services and applications. Deliver business value by integrating new technologies for unified communications based on customer demand. Manage development roadmap, life cycle, and operational maintenance of solutions deployed to the entire enterprise. Must be able to gather customer requirements, advise leadership, and lead application development on large-scale projects. Tie together numerous, diverse systems to add value and streamline business processes. Rapidly develop and deliver solutions based on tight project timelines. Serve as a subject matter expert for communications applications.
Responsible for customer portal development, development of reports and report delivery, automation of major system processes, as well as integration to and optimization of IP Telephony applications. Conceiving and creating new applications to close technology gaps is critical. Candidates should be proficient with Java and SQL/Oracle. Candidates would preferably also have experience with communications applications-related development. Experience with Cisco IP Telephony products or Cisco API's is a plus. Experience with Python scripting, XMPP, XML, Desktop Video solutions, and mobile device application programming are also very beneficial. Must be able to work independently, and lead others if required.
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting all types of applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Developing pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
- Lead development team to achieve key business objectives
- Leads large, complex projects to achieve key business objectives
- Collaborate with the team on application architecture design and decision-making
- Develop innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Provide alternate design solutions along with project estimates
- Design and implement application enhancements in collaboration with different teams
- Troubleshoot production support issues post release deployment and come up with solutions. Ability to solve complex production issues
- Predicts emerging customer needs and develops innovative solutions to meet them
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business
- Participates in the development of business strategy
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Will be expected to function as a mentor for junior developers, providing assistance where needed
- Will be expected to handle smaller projects completely on their own, including interactions with other teams and 3rd parties for design and architecture
- Involvement with senior management in terms of supplying input for key design and architecture decisions, as well as work estimation and resource planning
- 5 + years Java development experience
- 5 + years experience with SQL/Oracle relational database
- Experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- Experience writing and executing functional specifications
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
- Experience with application, web, and database languages such as ASP.net, PHP, SQL, VB.net, or AXL Soap.
- Experience with Cisco IP Telephony products or Cisco API's is a plus.
- Experience with Python scripting, XMPP, XML, Desktop Video solutions, and mobile device application programming
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Healthcare Industry experience
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Picis Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -