We are currently seeking a Sr. Process Technician to join our North America R&D team at our world headquarters in Perrysburg, Ohio.
This position will function independently in applying electrical & mechanical skills to troubleshoot, update, modify and repair existing machines and systems in the process lab. This position will operate equipment and processes in the process lab and in the absence of the Team Leader, on a frequent basis, this position will function as the lead process technician with duties of coordinating and supervising other process technician(s) in addition to primary duties as a process technician. This position will provide suggestions/feedback to the R&D teams regarding the performance or design of prototype processes and equipment in the lab and will have opportunity to contribute to future design concepts.
(All other duties as assigned)
• Troubleshoot, update, modify, repair, and setup - machines, systems, electrical cabinets.
• Conduct systems and bench testing to support Technical Support and R&D projects.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures for lab and equipment use.
• Follow process lab safety policies and protocols and assist with housekeeping duties.
• Assist with maintaining productive employee relations and ensure excellent communication.
• Ensure activities are conducted to meet timelines and quality standards in line with internal customer needs.
• Follow quality procedures in glass manufacturing to ensure acceptable quality for R&D and global innovation teams.
• Provide direct input to the R&D teams regarding the performance and/or design of prototype equipment in the process lab.
SCOPE AND IMPACT:
• This position will have no direct financial responsibilities.
• This position has the ability to make independent decisions relative to daily operations. Decisions that have a direct impact on project results must be approved by the project technical leader or team leader of the process technicians.
• This position will be part of the team to successfully start-up a $17MM process lab involving developmental equipment and with annual operating budget of $2.4MM.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BET Electro-Mechanical Systems – preferred
• AAS Engineering Technology or Manufacturing Systems Technology – minimum requirement
• 8-10 years working in field, production environment or technical support preferred
• 5-7 years in a field support or production environment in a technical capacity – minimum requirement
• 1-2 years in a supervisory role preferred
• Experience trouble shooting electro-mechanical systems and process control
• Knowledge of PLC, Motion Control, Process Control, Robotics, Autocad
• Ability to suggest modifications to obtain improved results
• Able to work with a wide variety of technical personnel and projects
This position reports to the Team Leader, Process Technicians. There are no formal direct reports to this position although frequently this position will supervise other process technician(s) on shift.
TRAVEL or SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS:
Domestic travel: Up to 10%
Schedule: Position may follow a flexible shift schedule
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Owens-Illinois, Inc. (NYSE: OI) is the world’s largest glass container manufacturer and preferred partner for many of the world’s leading food and beverage brands. With revenues of $7.4 billion in 2011, the company is headquartered in Perrysburg, Ohio, USA, and employs more than 24,000 people at 81 plants in 21 countries. O-I delivers safe, effective and sustainable glass packaging solutions to a growing global marketplace. For more information, visit www.o-i.com.
Owens-Illinois - 17 months ago
Owens-Illinois (O-I) is involved in more toasts than party-goers on New Year's Eve. The world's largest maker of glass containers,...