Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Mechanical
Job Title :
Senior Engineer A - Mechanical Engineer
Type of Position:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of applicable experience, OR
• Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of applicable experience, OR
• PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2+ years of applicable experience.
• Knowledge of advanced engineering principles and practices to develop appropriate outputs.
• Must have working knowledge of National Codes and Standards.
• Good organizational and communication skills are necessary. Must be able to express ideas concisely and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Must have flexibility and adaptability to work in a changing environment with multiple demands and priorities.
• Must have ability to read and interpret Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams, System Descriptions, Vendor Documents, HVAC Designs, and Pipe Stress Analyses.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen.
• Relocation benefits are available for qualified candidates.
Savannah River Remediation, an LLC of URS Corporation, is seeking a Senior Engineer A – Mechanical Engineer to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Serve as the Design Authority for mechanical systems supporting tank farm operations, the Defense Waste Processing Facility, and the Saltstone Facility. Maintain facility operations within established baseline and safety requirements, maintain configuration control, monitor system performance, assist in troubleshooting, and provide cost-effective recommendations for system operations. Define design requirements for new facility modifications and ensure the requirements are incorporated in subsequent designs, construction, testing, and operations. Assist in the study, development, testing, and analyses of designs, processes, and procedures related to facility operations. Organize and accept responsibility for the accuracy of technical analyses, and evaluation of results using standard techniques and procedures. Perform engineering calculations, as necessary.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...