Kitsap Conference Center at Bremerton Harborside offers 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space on the waterfront of Bremerton, Wash. Just a short ferry ride from Seattle, with sweeping views of Sinclair Inlet, the conference center can comfortably accommodate retreats, banquets, weddings and other special events for up to 750 guests.
Columbia Hospitality is currently seeking an experienced General Manager to direct and oversee operations at Kitsap Conference Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Act as a role model for adhering to the values of Columbia Hospitality
2) Provides leadership in areas of business management, support and supervision of team members, and career counseling
3) Creates and adheres to an annual operating budget
4) Creates and monitors annual operating goals
5) Analyze the operation in comparison to competitors and industry knowledge and discusses area of opportunity with the Executive Committee.
6) Evaluates all new conference center sources of business and income.
7) Establishes and demonstrates sound pricing policies for guest services
8) Directs the preparation of monthly financial reports
9) Assists team in periodic audits of systems to ensure selection, orientation, benefits, training, progress reviews, etc. are handled efficiently and consistently
10) Monitors and maintains safety and security policies of Property.
11) Conducts periodic inspections to assure proper maintenance of the facility. Initiates and directs a safety and security program to maintain high levels of safety and security for team memebers and guests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
1) B.A. or B.S. or equivalent from four year college or technical school; and or a combination of 8+ years related management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
2) Previous experience in a similar environment required
This is a full time exempt (salary) position. Must have open availability including weekends and evenings.