Indeed.com is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to accelerate the delivery and improve the quality of Indeed’s products which need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance and reliability, and operate around the clock on a massive scale.
If you are a SDET who's passionate about building innovative products that scale to tens of millions of pageviews a day, Indeed is looking for you. Indeed offers smart developers like you a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. Every week sees the new release of multiple products that meet the growing needs of millions of jobseekers worldwide.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing build and test infrastructure, creating and enforcing good engineering practices, and evaluating product quality. Your primary responsibility as a SDET will be to work with the development and test engineering teams to create new test harnesses, automate testing, implement new automation tools and create innovative automated test systems. These test systems explore and validate the functional correctness, performance capabilities, and resource usage of our software.
We're looking for someone who:
- Build advanced automated test suites to exercise our world-class applications
- Design and implement code refactorings to increase testability of applications
- Work with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing
- Analyze and decompose a complicated software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Train and mentor other team members in test-driven development
- Design, implement and maintain test automation programs
- Demonstrates that consistency and reproducibility increase agility
- Loves to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Has a passion for constructing tools that enhance their development teams’ efficiency
- Has a strong sense of ownership in every application they touch
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years software development experience with at least 3 years in test automation
- Expert coding skill in Java or C++
- JUnit, EasyMock and Selenium experience are highly desired
- Good scripting skills in at least one common language (PHP, Python, Perl, Shell)
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Deep knowledge of internet technologies
Indeed is the #1 job site worldwide, with over 150 million unique visitors per month from more than 50 countries in 28 languages. Job...