The Back-Up Bookkeeper/Scanner computes, classifies, and records numerical data to keep Store financial records complete. This position perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. This position also checks the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Essential Job Functions
• Put price information on price or shelf tags using scanner gun.
• Compare printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
• Keep records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
• Indicate item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
• Verify weekly ad and promotional price accuracy.
• Work closely with front end cashiers, supervisors regarding scan accuracy.
• Maintain knowledge of weekly ad items.
• Give customers direction of product location throughout the store.
• Check for any price / item updates from the corporate office and make updates as needed.
• Research discrepancies and notify Help Desk with pricing exceptions.
• Verify new items for price accuracy and “not on files.”
• Promote 100% scan accuracy program.
• Act as liaison with Help Desk for computer or register related issues
• Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• High School diploma or equivalent, including courses in bookkeeping
• 1-2 years’ experience in assignments involving advanced record keeping; or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Store management, Cashiers, coworkers, and others.
• Requires a high degree of confidentiality.
• Strong work ethic, including reliability and punctuality.
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology consistent with the duties of this position.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
This job has specific physical requirements that may require you to lift up to 75 lbs, to operate machinary with moving mechanical parts, bend, reach, kneel, squat, stand of a long period of time, or push/pull heavy loads. Qualified candidates will be contacted. To learn more about all the benefits of working at Sprouts' and how you can become part of our growing team, apply on-line at www.sprouts.com/careers Sprouts' Farmers Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sprouts Farmers Market - 5 months ago
This company is sprouting up all over the place. A fast-growing natural foods retailer, Sprouts Farmers Market operates about 150 stores in...