The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power . That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do .
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
Must acquire and maintain a Top Secret clearance
Position requires initial and periodic drug testing
Direct Deposit Required
DCIPS TRANSITION INFORMATION:
The Air Force Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) community will transition from the IA pay band structure to a DCIPS GG grade structure, on 25 March 2012. The GG pay structure is similar to the GS pay structure. Salary will no longer be set in a broad pay band salary range but will instead align to a specific GG grade and step. Candidates hired prior to the transition date will be assigned to the IA pay band with salary set to a GS equivalent grade and step. Candidates hired after the transition date will be placed in the appropriate GG grade and step.
This an Occupational Band "01" job in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Band "01" duties for the "Technical/Administrative" work category are at the Entry/Developmental work level, and are equivalent to those at the GS/GG 01 thru 07. The selectee's salary will be set within the band equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
This is a Time Limited Position NTE 2 Years . (Time Limited appointments must exceed 12 months to meet the definition) the individual selected for this position may be extended without further competition. A DCIPS term employee may be eligible for conversion to a DCIPS permanent appointment.
The organizational location of this position is: Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), Patrick AFB FL.
**** Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ****
- RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO LOCAL COMMUTTING AREA*
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Uses varied functions of multiple office automation software to produce a wide range of documents, formats, etc.
- Prepares a wide variety of recurring and nonrecurring correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Reviews and processes incoming and outgoing correspondence, materials, publications, regulations and directives.
- Receives telephone calls and greets visitors; ascertains the nature of the calls or visits.
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate your ability to apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA'S) to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. Examples of creditable specialized experience include: Knowledge that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Examples of creditable experience may include: Knowledge of various office automation software processing procedures and function keys and the similarities and difference among software types to produce a wide range of documents such as graphics or tables within text, to edit and reformat electronic drafts, and to update and revise existing databases or spreadsheets.
EDUCATION: High school graduation or equivalent.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience are qualifying for which both education and experience are acceptable.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of various office automation software programs, tools, and techniques to support office operations and produce a variety of documents, such as letters, reports spreadsheets, databases and graphs.
2. Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization and format to accurately prepare and edit written correspondence and reports.
3. Knowledge of format, rules, procedures and operations applicable to clerical assignments to prepare/review routine correspondence/reports, screen telephone calls and visitors, maintain files/records, review and process mail and perform clerical procedures to arrange a variety of material from different sources and other administrative work of organization.
4. Skill in typing; a qualified typist is required, 40 wpm.
5. Ability to locate, assemble and compose information for routine reports, inquiries and non-technical correspondence.
6. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, using tact and courtesy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
1. The employee must be able to acquire and retain a TOP SECRET clearance to fully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
2. Employee must pass initial and continued periodic drug testing.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of at least three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
usajobs.gov - 3 years ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...