Lehigh Hanson is seeking Engineering Summer Interns for our cement plants located in:
Mason City, IA
Union Bridge, MD
Glens Falls, NY
Evansville (Fleetwood), PA
Lehigh Hanson is one of the world's largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry. We produce aggregates (crushed rock, sand, and gravel), ready-mixed and precast concrete, asphalt, cement and cement-related materials and a range of building products including concrete pipes, concrete pavers, tiles, and clay bricks. Learn more about our organization at:
We are part of the HeidelbergCement Group, which employs 53,000 people across five continents and has leading positions in concrete and heavy building products and is the global leader in aggregates.
This is an introductory position designed to give the intern real world experience in a manufacturing operation while providing assistance to the plant engineers. Internship experiences will vary based on candidate discipline and the plant they are assigned to work in.
Individuals who will be successful in this position must have a strong desire to work in an external manufacturing environment, have an interest in learning about and working on heavy machinery, and prefer hands on work to an office or laboratory setting.
Skills & Qualifications
Lehigh Hanson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, particularly electrical, mining or chemical engineering with solid academic achievements
- Leadership skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to change and respond well under pressure
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Basic safety knowledge
- This position requires someone to perform some physical tasks including walking, standing, climbing, stooping, and entering confined spaces.
Lehigh Hanson - 21 months ago
Lehigh Hanson is one of the largest suppliers of heavy building materials to the construction industry in North America. Our companies...