MySQL, Oracle, Database Design, Data Modeling, Performance Tuning, UNIX, High Availabilty, Clustering, Replication, Backup/Recovery, Patches
The primary responsibilities for this job will be:
- Review, maintain, build, support, tune and monitor production MySQL database.
- Work on managing and implementing database patches on all prod and non-prod environments
- Work on database upgrades and tuning of the databases in live trading system.
- Work on designing data structures and maintain data integrity
- Work with database configurations, manage and maintain them in the areas of clustering, replication.
- Work with technical Operations, the solutions architecture team, the application performance team, and trading tools development team to identify and correct performance and scalability problems in development, staging, and production databases
- Develop suites for real-time production database monitoring and high availability
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in computers/science or technology;
- Minimum 3 years of combined technical experience in a Mysql environment;
- At least 4 years experience with database design, architecture, data modeling, performance and tuning very high performance databases;
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in a MySQL environment preferred;
- In depth experience with High Availability Database Configurations, Clustering, Replication, Mirroring and Log management;
- Ability to Review, maintain, build, support, tune and monitor production MySQL database;
- Extensive design and implementation experience of various MySQL and/or Oracle backup/recovery strategies;
- Ability to provide scalable and reliable database infrastructure solutions for real-time ,high transactional multi-master database systems;
- Define and structure various DB processes, including patches, updates etc;
- Proficient with Linux/Unix environments and experience with shell scripting;
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required;
- Ability to communicate and analyze problems to internal and external customers.
Because our benefits provider specializes in small companies undergoing rapid growth we are able to provide benefits equivalent to many Fortune 500 companies * including health, life, dental, vision and more.
About the Company
OptionMONSTER* Holdings, Inc is an exciting new financial firm founded by leading players in the trading industry. The position is open for its trademonster division to work on its brokerage system.
Launched in 2008, trade MONSTER, at www.trademonster.com, is setting a new standard of excellence and innovation in the online brokerage industry. trade MONSTER*s web based platform combines the power and flexibility of professional trading software with the convenience and reliability of a browser-based trading platform.
trade MONSTER features dynamic, customizable screens, integrated investor education, transparent commissions and an extremely knowledgeable and dedicated customer service team. trade MONSTER's technology team prides itself on constant customer driven innovation and currently has 4 patents pending for one-of-a-kind investment tools embedded on the trade MONSTER platform. The company's management team comprises of former executives from Schwab, Fidelity, optionsXpress, ThinkorSwim and E*Trade, with an average 20 years of brokerage experience.
Indeed - 16 months ago