The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, Alpharetta, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
We have an opening in our San Diego, California office for a Recovery Specialist. The Recovery Specialist will pursue recovery from other insurance carriers who are liable for all or part of the benefits paid or owed by the Company in workers compensation claims.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Review claim files and make recommendations on contribution recovery potential
- Manage and pursue contribution recovery on all identified cases
- Assist Claim Professionals with contribution issues as requested
- Maintain active diary and notepad documentation on all contribution files
- Maintain POA on all files open for contribution recovery only
- Maintain contribution log/records to track all referrals and all recoveries
- Provide updates to referring Claim Professionals regarding contribution recovery potential and progress
- Coordinate with Claims Professional to ensure coordinated handling of the contribution recovery and the case in chief
- Manage outside counsel retained to ensure effective and efficient legal representation in contribution recovery matters
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Experience: Associate Arts degree (A.A.) from two-year college or university; two to three years workers’ compensation experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret medical and legal documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively and professionally.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, and current technologies in telecommunications, data entry and file management.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Microsoft spreadsheet software; and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
Great Insurance Jobs - 13 months ago