Technical Program Manager
Job Description: Develops processes and methodologies to ensure success of a complex project, including but not limited to product and release planning, identification of milestones & project goals, creation of schedules, and tracking of all items to ensure successful project delivery. Manages the project deliverables and project milestones (not the people). Drives creation and execution of the program Plan of Record, including Scope, Requirements Management, Success Criteria, Schedule, Resources, and Quality. Responsible for stakeholder management, including coordination of departmental or cross-functional/cross-organizational teams as well as communication within the organization, outward to other internal groups and external customers. Acts as a single program voice. Strong understanding of customers and customer environment. Thorough understanding of the software legal compliance process, how to apply it and ensure that legal risks to Intel are mitigated. Defines and manages the project plan, driving closure on issues and gaps as well as maintains focus on continuous improvement.
- Required: familiarity with storage hardware and software; experience with Lustre a plus
- Required: Experience managing multi-year Federal contracts; preferably with Intel Fed experience
- Required: Experience managing custom engineering contracts for external customers including the management of sub-contractors to the project
- Required: Experience managing projects using Agile Development Methodologies
- Required: experience working with and managing virtual teams
- Minimum 10 years experience managing projects
- Required Bachelor's degree in a computer science, math, or engineering-related field.
- PMP and CSM certifications strongly preferred.
Dec 13, 2012
Jan 13, 2013
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs.
This role is for a Technical Program Manager within the High Performance Data Division (HPDD), formerly Whamcloud. This team is the primary maintainer of the Lustre Parallel File System and focuses on development activities that extend and advance the Lustre file system.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 17 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...