It's not the same old thing!
That's what you'll discover as a Project Manager in Publix's Benefits Administration Department. We're continually growing and implementing projects that improve efficiency and provide an even better employee benefits experience in support of our Retirement, Group Benefits and Stockholder Services departments. Working as the Benefits Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead cross functional teams and drive strategic and benefits-critical projects to completion. We think you'll find this to be a rewarding job!
The Project Manager provides leadership and comprehensive direction to meet various project teams' defined objectives. This includes:
- understanding project objectives, developing project timelines, creating communication strategies, drafting RFPs, preparing for and conducting team meetings, coordinating assigned tasks, monitoring and ensuring project deliverables are met within established time frames,
- keeping initiatives moving by reviewing completed tasks, objectives and project milestones, evaluating project risks and delegating responsibilities among team members or assuming personal responsibility to ensure timeline completion
- providing relevant and proper technical expertise to teams, and providing periodic status updates of key decisions and outstanding or pending tasks to project stakeholders
- interpreting regulations promulgated by the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor and any other applicable regulatory authority, conducting regulatory research and preparing an analysis or recommendations for decision-makers,
- understanding and analyzing business area processes to define and develop requirements documentation, system design guides, training and reference materials, and
- identifying, gathering, analyzing and validating data from various sources to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- three or more years management-level experience working with qualified benefit plans
- ability to interpret and apply legal regulations
- organizational and team management experience in successfully managing strategic and benefits-critical projects
- working knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to shift between various projects
- strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- excellent people management and interpersonal skills to work toward project objectives to effectively and efficiently lead teams
- exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
- experience developing and providing recommendations to upper level management
- flexible and able to handle stressful situations, in a professional manner
- Bachelors Degree and/or certification in a field related to the primary responsibilities of this position (i.e., Certified Employee Benefits Specialist)
- five years management-level experience working with qualified benefit plans or directly with a benefits consulting firm involved in plan design and administration
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification
- computer technical knowledge in the areas of database and system design along with a strong functional knowledge of Microsoft Access, Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and SAP or similar HRIS system
$4,725 - $7,120, per month
Year End Bonus:
One month's pay (pro-rated in the first year) if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check.
To be considered for this position, please go to www.publix.jobs/support and apply for JOB ID 7384.
Your application will go directly to the hiring manager for review.
For further information, please use your web browser now to visit https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_publix/int1069088268/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=19859&localeCode=en-us
EmployeeBenefitsJobs.com - 23 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...