TES Operations Asset Manager - Brighton, CO-1300082
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Purpose of the Position:
Provide technical, engineering and business support for Construction Chemicals sites across several manufacturing technologies, including those located in the US, Canada, Latin America, Mexico and South America. The position will also engage with plant operations overseeing / coordinating with Site managers and business planning.
Principal responsibilities include for the Region – US, Canada, Latin America, Mexico, and South America:
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Lead and coordinate Construction Chemicals capital planning and execution process, including
- Identify and develop investment projects, with an annual budget of $10-15M, for the Construction Chemical businesses including coordinating preparation of documents, conducting reviews and requesting funds for capital approval (KoS, divisional)
- Collaborate with business managers to understand future capacity & capability needs and develop rational and justification for investment projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders within the Construction Chemicals and other NA business units as well as centers of expertise within BASF to develop concept, align processes & resources and facilitate the divisional and corporate approval processes.
- Lead engineering team responsible for Construction Chemicals capital planning process and maintain appropriate tracking, reporting and control processes to effectively provide oversight and governance to performance division capital investment projects
- Coordinate 5 year budgeting process with total value of $100-$135M
- Lead and coordinate the Operation Excellence / Process Optimization program for the business to ensure that the regional operations platform is well positioned to operate at maximum profitability by reviewing asset portfolio and identifying areas for improvement and coordinating the implementation of best practices.
- Identify opportunities, facilitate execution, monitor and report with database management responsibility.
- Liaise with business unit leadership to ensure appropriate utilization and deployment of operational excellence programs, including development and tracking of appropriate KPI's
- Provide or arrange technical support for Construction Chemicals sites, working with Regional Service Centers and/or external engineering resources, to address BASF program requirements that can include, but are not limited to, process safety, mechanical integrity and maintenance
- Represent manufacturing and engineering on Construction Chemicals Innovation Management Team. Additionally lead product teams as required and provide technical resources to support other product development teams.
- Provide manufacturing, engineering and technology support for global Construction Chemicals initiatives
- Represent NA on Construction Chemicals Global Technology Council.
- Coordinate the strategic analysis and development of technology and cost benchmarks for regional production assets, totaling $300M, in close coordination with Construction Chemicals global technology and business groups.
- Coordinate maintenance of Advance Database for Construction Chemicals sites
- Member of Construction Chemicals Operations Leadership team
- Member of Brighton site leadership team
- Provides other support and consultation to the Director, Operations and the Construction Chemicals regional leadership teams on all process, technology, EHS, capital investment and asset management matters as required.
- Provide Operations Leadership for LAN and South America Construction Chemicals Manufacturing Sites
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Brighton
- BS Degree in Chemical or Mechanical engineering required
- Master’s Degree a plus
- 10+ years of direct plant management / leadership experience
- Familiar with urethane, admixture, acrylics and powder manufacturing processes and supporting technologies / equipment - required
- Engineering management / leadership experience, with 10+ years in multi-facility Engineering position and 10+ years of experience leading Degreed Engineers
- Strong project management experience, in particular cost or process optimization initiatives
- Excellent leadership and analytical skills combined with superior interpersonal, communication, influencing and conflict/problem resolution competencies
- Report writing and presentation skills, with the ability to interact with senior executives, consultants and key decision makers
- Willing to travel internationally up to 30%
- Spanish speaking would be a strong plus
Function: GEMA - General Management
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EBN-Construction Chemicals North America
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...