You’ll Find It With Us!
Airgas USA, LLC is the nation’s largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. It is also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With nearly 1,100 locations and approximately 14,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
The West Region of Airgas USA, LLC, (responsible for Southern California/Southern Nevada/Arizona/Hawaii) is seeking an experienced Distribution/Cryogenic Manager at our Kapolei, HI plant. This position will report directly to the plant Operations Manager.
The qualified candidate will supervise, coordinate activities, and schedule employees engaged in producing, repackaging, and delivering compressed and liquid gases into cylinders to ensure adequate supply levels are maintained to meet daily customer demand. Will also be responsible, dispatching, ordering truck maintenance and recordkeeping, conduct driver safety meetings. This position requires a motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
Additionally, this position will supervise the day-to-day and long range planning activities of the Cryogenics group. Responsible for the supervision of associates engaged in the design, inspection, delivery, installation (or removal), and repair of all types of liquid and gaseous cryogenic piping systems, cryogenic pumps, bulk/micro bulk tanks, dewar cylinder systems, delivery truck cryogenic systems, vaporizers and manifold equipment at Airgas regional fill plant locations and customer sites. This position will ensure that proper safeguards and controls are in place to track and monitor service techs progress, cylinder/tank inventories, tools and equipment, and other cryogenic assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Must lead within the Airgas culture – putting safety first .
- Utilizing the 3C’s will become the Brand Ambassador for Airgas.
- Lead, supervise, and manage plant employees engaged in operation, production, and delivery of industrial and medical gases packaging.
- Supervise the loading and unloading of products on trucks.
- Plan daily routes and schedule drivers, vehicles, deliveries, and pick-ups based on customer needs.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service.
- Work closely with branch sales personnel regarding inventory and delivery lead times.
- Dispatch drivers in a timely manner to ensure prompt service and customer satisfaction.
- Verify individual driver's daily manifest with outgoing inventory prior to dispatch to ensure accuracy of materials/cylinders to be carried.
- Record and approve driver attendance for payroll records.
- Collect and file daily shippers and manifests.
- Resolve questions/issues associated with deliveries and product shortages.
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to entering tickets, production data, cylinder movements, and raw material receipts in SAP on a frequent and daily basis, processes special handling in billing for customers, prepares shipping documents for outbound freight.
- Lead, supervise, and manage job coordination for the Cryogenic Services associates engaged in the design, inspection, installation (or removal), and repair of all types of liquid or gaseous cryogenic piping systems and bulk micro bulk, and beverage and medical tanks including: oxygen, nitrogen, argon, helium, hydrogen and carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide.
- Perform on-site assessments at customer facilities with sales associate and contractor to determine scope of job.
- Procure beverage and cryogenic equipment and associated parts.
- Supervise parts and material stocking levels and order as needed to complete job.
- Schedule and supervise equipment installations and removals, and track job progress at each site
- Estimate equipment specifications and job related procurement budget.
- Provide application engineering services to Airgas sales associates and customers for proper use of cryogenic systems and equipment.
- Assist and advise sales associates, Airgas regional fill plant management and customers on permitting for new and upgraded installations.
- Review Capital Expenditure, (CAPEX), requests for accuracy.
- Control and tracking of technician’s expenses, and approve weekly time cards.
- Track and maintain field service technicians’ qualifications such and NITC brazing certifications and medical installation qualifications.
- Manage, train, and audit Airgas Bulk Installation Manual QCU to insure regulatory compliance.
- Safety communications, including the SMS, Airgas Bulletins, etc.,
- Changes working conditions and use of equipment as needed to increase efficiency of production operators
- Assist in production recordkeeping, including data entry.
- Ensure all required Company paperwork is accurately completed.
- Complete plant check lists and report any equipment or facility defect(s) to supervisor.
- Lead and promote safety; conduct safety meetings, and enforce and strictly observe safety rules.
- Ensure plant and work area is maintained in a clean, safe, and orderly manner.
- Recommends employment actions to senior management and Human Resources as appropriate.
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE for all associates and plant visitors.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and investigated promptly.
- Be punctual and comply with work schedules.
- Comply with all company policies.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: .
- May load cylinders onto vehicles manually or with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
- Transfer plant cylinders to different buildings using a forklift or hand cart.
- Perform backup duties for other employees during vacations and other periods of personnel shortage.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as necessary.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of production and distribution personnel. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensure associates have a comprehensive understanding of Airgas USA, LLC Standard Operating Procedures Manual, Human Resources Manual and Safety Management System.
- Provide associates with communication regarding the company’s direction and other pertinent company information. Distribute and post company issued correspondence and bulletins.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must be safety conscience and possess a desire to work safely.
- College degree in Engineering or related field desired.
- Minimum 2-3 years related management/supervisor experience preferred.
- Prior experience working with installation and repair of cryogenic bulk gas delivery piping systems and pumps.
- Knowledge of the industrial gas and welding supply industry is a highly preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, CMA and other professional/regulatory bodies.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations, FDA requirements, and local work rules helpful.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints, technical procedures, governmental regulations, MSDS, safety rules, manufacturer operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals, etc.
- Able to understand piping and tank detail from manuals and mechanical drawings.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Able to use standard office equipment – PC, fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with the public in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Possess ability to prioritize and direct multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess a team player attitude and ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must be able to wear required personnel protective equipment.
- Pre-employment drug screen, physical and background applies.
- Current hands-on experience with SAP (or similar ERP) strongly desired.
- Proficient computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Database programs).
- Ability to perform data entry in a computer and extract information.
COMMUNICATION, CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS and PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS:
- Possess strong math skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent’s.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Must have strong skills in communications, planning, and time management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, MSDS, and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using the English language.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to converse in English/Spanish a plus.
In lieu of the above, any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the aforementioned knowledge, abilities, and skills may be considered at the company’s discretion.
- Contractor’s license preferred.
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License desired.
- Valid Hazardous Materials Endorsement desired
- Forklift Certificate desired.
- Welding Certificate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to duties during prolonged standing up to 8 hours; sit, kneel, squat, climb, walk, as well as talk and hear. Routinely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift/move 76-100 pounds with the aid of dolly or other material handling equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. Requires occasional pushing, pulling and finger activities such as grasping, feeling and repetitive motion, working with hand tools, computer keyboard and mouse.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving office machine parts. Though the associate will spend the majority of the time in the office, there will be times he/she is outside while co-workers are loading/unloading product from vehicles. Working outdoor weather conditions may be inclement and range from -10 to 110 degrees The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan, profit-sharing, and more).
We know it takes time and energy to submit an application. While we sincerely appreciate your interest in career opportunities with Airgas, due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to reach out to every applicant individually. If we think you might be a match for this position our recruiting team will reach out to you directly.
Airgas is an equal opportunity employer EOE/M/F/V/D.
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...