Under the direction of the Executive Director or Director of Sales, the Hospice Care Sales Consultant is responsible for development of the hospice program through direct community contacts for the purpose of educating healthcare providers as well as the general public about the hospice program.
- Provides accurate information regarding hospice services in response to inquiries by healthcare providers and general public.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, Director of Sales (if applicable) and the Regional Director of Sales, prepares a goal directed development plan for the purpose of educating health care providers and the general public about the hospice program.
- Learns and executes the company's consultative selling strategy to build sustainable relationships with targeted referral customers.
- Maintains current data on market area, competitors, and marketing strategies.
- Maintains an organized approach to territory management.
- Prepares and conducts calls and presentations to potential referral sources.
- Participates in weekly development meetings; completes and submits, as required, all activity reports and documentation.
- Participates in strategic planning and the analysis for their assigned territory in conjunction with the hospice agency business plan.
- Coordinates with clinical management staff in planning in-services, presentations, and in addressing issues with referral sources.
- Initiates and coordinates contract negotiations with facilities, insurance companies, and managed care organizations.
- Participates in community and organizational programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice care.
- Participates in the quality and performance improvement process of the hospice program.
- Supports and promotes the Hospice philosophy to referral sources in the medical industry.
- Promotes an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all patients in a safe, secure environment.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, family members and guests.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or health related field preferred.
- Experience in health care sales and\or marketing preferred. One to two years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in skills related to public relations, sales, and marketing. Ability to work independently in the management of assigned responsibilities. Possess a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
Hospice Compassus - 18 months ago
Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast resource...