As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. proficient in electronic and electro-mechanical maintenance practices, including ability to troubleshoot, isolate, remove, replace, test, calibrate, repair and document electronic maintenance actions.
2. knowledgeable in maintenance of Unix and windows operating systems supporting PC computer systems in a network environment and associated peripherals including servers, routers, workstations, PC's, cameras, alarms, communications, modems, crypto, printers, copiers, disk, and tape drives. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems.
3. document and read schematics and other related documentation to maintain the designated C4I and FP System to the latest OEM release/revision level. Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
4. Provides technical support, diagnoses and resolves operating/hardware system problems.
5. Provides assistance to higher-level systems engineers.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. MSECP/MCP-Solaris, UNIX, CISCO-CCNA, NT/XP, Windows OS, A+ Certification, and office automation programs, Fiber, Troubleshooting, Remove & Replace (TR&R) a plus.
3-5 years of recent relevant maintenance experience and will support multiple site locations including a central site at which contractor personnel are assigned and remote locations at which contractor personnel have responsibility.
Candidate must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
International Relocation is available
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...