Sentry Insurance is seeking an exceptionally organized individual in search of fast paced work to fulfill our Field Auto Damage Claims Appraiser position in the Fayetteville or Sanford, NC area. This is a career opportunity where you’ll control loss expenses by monitoring physical damage claims and inspecting repair estimates. Working closely with dealerships and repair facilities you will help to ensure accurate and economical damage repair costs.
What You'll Do
The Field Auto Damage Appraiser will supervise and handle vehicle damage appraisals and claims for material damage losses. In addition you’ll:
- Estimate auto repairs
- Evaluate losses and prepare/audit damage appraisals
- Appraise labor costs, actual cash values, parts and repair prices, etc.
- Review, monitor, control estimates, expenses and services of independent appraisers and repair facilities
- Negotiate salvage and work with contracted salvage vendors
- Monitor and control rental expenses by managing the repair process
- Resolve issues with policyholders, claimants, or State Insurance Departments
What it Takes
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain state adjuster/appraiser licenses
- Thorough knowledge and experience in estimating automobile collision repairs
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Body Shop/estimating or previous material damage appraiser experience
- Knowledge of claim processing and insurance coverage
- Acceptable motor vehicle record and the ability to meet travel requirements with limited notice
- Well-developed organizational, human relations and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
What You'll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependant Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Renee Barr at RENEE.BARR@SENTRY.COM
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
So make the right choice - with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life, choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Sentry Insurance - 18 months ago
Founded in 1904, Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in America.
Sentry is one of the...