Line of Business: Mortgage Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Previous exposure to Home Loan Mortgage Corporate/Federal National Mortgage
Association (FHLMC/FNMA), FHA, and VA training sessions
1. High school diploma or equivalent education
2. Two or more years of mortgage lending experience as a Mortgage Lending
Underwriter or Underwriting Assistant or comparable experience in loan
processing and/or originating
3. Must be able to grasp concepts quickly, make sound decisions and be able to
communicate effectively with PMI personnel, Investors, FHA, VA, and branch
4. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer software applications such as MS
Office products with emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
5. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Ensure loan files are properly set up based on loan type and originating
2. Perform detailed underwriting analysis on conforming loans for both credit
and documentation deficiencies and determine marketablility of each loan.
3. Prepare files for submission to Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Veteran
Affairs (VA), Investors, or Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI ) companies as
4. Request additional information and/or documentation from origination offices
as needed and educate originators through appropriate timely feedback.
5. Correspond with PMI companies regarding loan approvals and assist in
coordinating required information.
6. Notify originators and other interested parties when loans are approved for
7. Provide useful feedback on a timely basis to branch mortgage personnel and
8. Assist in evaluating and implementing underwriting guidelines as conditions
Level of position is flexible depending on experience.
BB&T Human Systems - 19 months ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...