YMCA OF GREATER SEATTLE
You long for impact and purpose. We offer it daily. At
our 12 branches, two overnight camps and more than 200
program sites, YMCA employees serve the people of King
and south Snohomish Counties with programs and services
tailored to fit the needs of those we reach. Three
overarching goals drive our work: youth development,
healthy lifestyles and social responsibility. We have an
immediate job opening for a qualified candidate whose
values align with our organization: Respect,
Responsibility, Honesty, and Caring.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides direct supervision to a group
of youth in a seasonal day camp/overnight.
1. 21 years of age or older.
2. Current state approved first aid certification.
- 3. Current state approved CPR certification.
- 4. Current TB test by the Mantoux method.
- 5. Current HIV/AIDS training certification.
- 6. YMCA Child Abuse Prevention training certification.
- 7. Current YMCA Van Driver’s certification.
- 8. Minimum 21 years old w/at least 3 years driving
9. Current Driver’s License and a driving record which
meets or exceeds YMCA standards - Maximum one minor
violation - No speeding violation of more than 20mph
over the limit
10. High school graduate or equivalent, and two or more
years of college in a related area preferred.
11. Previous experience working with youth in an
organized setting, preferably in a day camp.
12. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of youth
and the ability to evaluate their needs individually.
13. Possess outdoor living and adventure skills.
14. Oversee and implement a variety of program
15. Ability to participate in activities that involve
rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting,
including but not limited to hiking, camping, horseback
16. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with,
diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical
ability, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any
language in addition to English may be helpful.
- Within 14 days of assuming camp duties
1. Supervises a group of youth.
2. Cooperates with branch staff and ensures high quality
programming in compliance with ACA requirements
3. Responsible for encouraging positive relationships
with many individuals such as branch staff, children,
families, volunteers and vendors.
4. Drives a van transporting children safely.
5. Plans and implements program activities that are
culturally relevant and developmentally appropriate
involving travel to varied locations and overnight
6. Plans and leads activities utilizing youth, family
and staff input.
7. Coordinates schedule with vendors.
8. Flexibility, patience, role modeling ability, and
organizational skills are imperative.
9. Maintains safety and cleanliness standards.
0. Maintains equipment in sound and safe order.
11. Attends staff meetings and trainings.
12. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including
those related to medical and disciplinary situations,
child abuse prevention and emergencies.
COMMENTS:The usual camp work week is approximately 45
hours, including training, staff meetings, and
maintenance of the camp site and equipment. Employees
are also required to attend camp “overnights”.
Core Competencies essential to success include:
- Supporting our Mission, Vision and Direction of the
Participants, Internal Customers and Others
- Building Community
- Providing a Quality Experience for Members,
- Working Productively
- Using Effective Personal Behaviors/Communicates
Respect, and Responsibility
- Ability to embrace our core values: Caring, Honesty,
Come join the YMCA of Greater Seattle where we promote a
continuous learning environment and career
opportunities. Competitive pay range and excellent
benefit package includes free YMCA membership, health,
dental, life and disability insurance; tuition
assistance; 12% retirement fund contribution, when
98104-1194, Attention: Human Resources Department.
- Apply online or mail to 909 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, WA
The YMCA of Greater Seattle is an equal opportunity
employer committed to
Monday-Friday hours vary
Seasonal Job ends 8/31/2012
YMCA of Greater Seattle - 2 years ago
YMCA of the USA is the national resource office for the nation's 2,663 YMCAs, which serve nearly 20.2 million people each year, including...