The Director of Development,College of Criminology and Criminal Justice will strategically design andexecute a personal solicitation program resulting in philanthropic support bymaximizing the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship ofprospects for gifts at the $50,000 and up level. This individual will secure, on an annualbasis, private support at the major gift range and will also be responsible foridentification of potential major gift prospects. This individual will beexpected to uphold and exemplify the operating practices and mission of theFoundation.
- Works with the Dean, the Assistant Vice President for Constituent Programs, and other members of the Colleges development, communication and alumni team to develop and execute strategic fundraising initiatives on behalf of the College, the University and the Foundation.
- Develops, coordinates and executes an annual major gift plan for the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice, implementing fund-raising activities designed to meet an established monetary goal.
- Establishes new relationships resulting in philanthropic revenue, maintains existing relationships which may generate new philanthropic revenue, and provides prospect/donor-related assessments and feedback for the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice and the FSU Foundation.
- Identifies, qualifies and sustains a donor prospect portfolio with individuals who have a giving capacity of $50,000 or more.
- Secures gifts and pledges from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of FSU.
- Coordinates with FSU Foundation colleagues to identify prospects for planned giving, corporate and foundation giving, and major giving
- Coordinates an annual giving plan for the College with the FSU Foundations Director of Annual Giving
- Exhibits and promotes a comprehensive understanding of the philanthropic priorities of the college unit, effectively matching the specific interests of prospects to those specific needs
- Assists in the facilitation of meetings, communications, informational exchanges and project/philanthropic coordination with the faculty and faculty chairs
- Plans for and initiates direct activities with prospects that are designed to enhance the affiliation between the prospect and the University
- Prepares proposals and gift agreements as required for proper gift documentation
- Prepares correspondence with prospects and documents communications, solicitation activity and gift information in compliance with Foundation reporting guidelines
- Creates, inspires and maintains donor loyalty, interest and enthusiasm through stewardship communication and activities designed to express recognition, appreciation and the impact of their gift(s). Implementation of such a stewardship plan may include but should not be limited to letters, communication of unit or university initiatives, invitations to appropriate activities, meetings, events, student engagement or the facilitation of campus visits
- Assists in the management of all volunteer boards associated with the College
- Effectively communicates organizations mission and represents the organizations culture to external stakeholders.
- Protects confidential information
- Bachelors degree required; Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of four years of experience in major gift development in a university setting.
- Experience in a related field with basic knowledge of personal solicitation methods will also be considered
- Demonstrated, progressive experience in seeking financial support for multi-million dollar programs or initiatives required, including provide record of major gift solicitations and closures
- Campaign experience preferred
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite
- 12 months ago - save job
Florida State University is among the most efficient of the nation's highest ranked universities, according to a new list released Dec. 8 by...