SAS Lab Tech
Job Description: Manufacturing Technicians perform functions associated with all wafer production including operations, equipments, process and training. Collects and evaluates operating data to conduct on-line equipment adjustment and ensure process optimization. Responsible for running lots in a qualitative way. Also, responsible for preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, spares, and sustaining. In addition, the Manufacturing Technician is responsible for improvement processes, troubleshooting nonstandard events in the production line, and reviewing technological health and stability. The Manufacturing Technician may be responsible for the buddy, trainer, and certifier levels and is in charge of updating training manuals. May participate in safety forums and Emergency Response Team as required. Work is somewhat complex and is performed within the spectrum ranging from narrowly defined parameters and limited judgment up to highly complex and nonstandard assignments in nature and broadly defined parameters. High degree of judgment and initiative is required in resolving complex nonstandard problems and developing recommendations. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, and detailed instructions on new work.
Responsibilities include first level hardware and software debug and troubleshooting; hardware and software upgrades; assembly, repair and maintenance of SAS customer-deployed hardware. Technician will pick up and drop off service request items, hardware and software orders from customers. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Building and configuring PCs for component and troubleshooting issues
- Building and configuring a fresh operating system load
- Installing Intel and third party software
- Running a variety of manual or automated operations
- Making important distinctions between hardware and software related failures and then documenting test results
- Pickup customer material for debug, repair, or upgrade.
- Drop off completed customer material debugged, repaired, and/or upgraded.
- Process requests through a NAV database.
- Track and update customer requests in SRS system or via email.
- Be able to lift 15-30lbs Chassis and other similar Hardware
Candidate must have good customer service skills, and excellent multitasking ability.
Candidate must have 3-5 years' experience in the following areas:
- Familiar with Windows Vista, Win7 and Windows Server 2008 setup (Management, Security, Networking, Optimization, Registry, Automated installation, and very familiar with MS Office suit)
- Experience in Hardware assembly environment
- Build and configure system test hardware and software
- Experience executing system level test plans and reproducing test failures
- Knowledge of the processor and chipset architecture, as well as the PC architecture to root cause failures
- Working knowledge of the processor CPU or MCP, Basic Input Output System (BIOS) and DDR memory interfaces and/or technologies
- Strong hardware troubleshooting and debug skills
- PC skills including a working knowledge of operating systems, network environments and PC applications
- MS Navision Tool Experience
Feb 7, 2013
Feb 8, 2014
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 13 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
At Intel, we see more inside the every day. We see potential, opportunity...