Are you looking for a more rewarding career with a company that takes pride in delivering Company Leadership, People Leadership, Thought Leadership, and Results Leadership?
There’s no magic formula. Just a simple belief: respect and reward people for being their best. That’s how we work at Discover Financial Services.
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a leading credit card issuer and electronic payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since our inception in 1986, we have grown to become one of the largest card issuers in the United States, with more than 50 million card members.
Our West Valley City, UT facility offers fantastic amenities to our employees. Take advantage of the full service cafeteria featuring a deli bar, fresh salads, grille, Sushi Fridays, and much more. Enjoy your lunch on the patio or take a stroll around the Lake. You are invited to participate in our state of the art fitness center featuring free weights, cardio machines, aerobic classes, and locker rooms.
The Operations Portfolio Review (OPR) Credit Analyst role is responsible for non customer initiated credit line changes (increases and decreases), as well as account reviews to determine if charging privileges can be reinstated. OPR objectives include:
• Mitigate losses by taking appropriate adverse action on more risky segments; educate cardmember, enroll direct pay, etc.
• Grow receivables by soliciting and granting line increases on lower risk accounts; promote card usage, enroll in CBB programs, etc.
• Make outbound, receive inbound calls via automated dialer
• Reviews account history and customer credit report to assist in determining appropriate action for the account (line increase/decrease, suspend/unsuspend, etc.)
• Probes to better understand customer's situation in regards to; income, employment, housing, major life events, etc.
• Determines customer's ability to pay by calculating debt to income ratio
• Classifies account risk level
• Effectively communicates decision to customer, which includes: promoting relevant Discover Card benefits and tools to help the customer spend smarter and manage debt better (i.e. Usage/Cash Back Bonus, Direct Payment Plan, Paydown Planner, Spend Analyzer, etc.)
• Provide a high level of customer service, even in difficult and tense situations
• Strong analytical skills, with ability to make decisions with little procedural guidance
• Ability to manage multiple computer programs simultaneously, while maintaining relevant conversation with the customer
*Internal Candidates must have;
• Successful Contributor or higher on last Performance Evaluation
• Six months or more in current position
• Customer Service
• Finance and Lending
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...