The UWHC Scheduler - Associate (Radiology) is responsible for scheduling patients in to multiple entities (CT, Ultrasound, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Medicine, PET, General Radiography, BMD, GI/GU, IVP, and/or Angiography) of Radiology . This position requires a variety of skills to maintain clinic schedules and patient related issues. The Scheduler Associate greets patients, verifies insurance and referrals, enters clinic visits, schedules radiology procedures, prepares scheduling paperwork, and maintains supplies for the work area. This position requires knowledge and understanding of the Health Link and Novius systems as well as medical terminology and anatomy.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience in an office or customer service environment.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Knowledge of and ability to use computers including a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software programs (i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook).
5. Knowledge and understanding of the Health Link and Novius systems preferred.
6. Knowledge of Medical terminology and anatomy preferred.
7. Experience with answering phones, greeting clients and customers both in person and on the telephone.
8. Knowledge of scheduling appointments preferred.
9. Knowledge of and ability to use computers for entering appointment information preferred.
10. Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
11. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
12. Ability to think independently and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
13. Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of personnel.
14. Physical Requirements: Sedentary - Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels. Selection would be based on seniority as follows: the candidate with the highest seniority across all levels will be selected unless the candidate at the higher level has special skills and abilities required for the position.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade F. The salary range begins at $13.16 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
Day, Monday through Friday with flexible 8-hour shifts between 6:30m-9:00pm with a Saturday morning rotation. The hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Clare Hathaway for more information at CHathaway@uwhealth.org or at 608-262-6015.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
-More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
-Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
-Nine satellite locations .
-One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
How to Apply
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.