Develops and updates network designs for circuits or translations. Assists other employees in resolving problems associated with circuit designs or translations. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The essential functions listed below are representative of duties performed by this job title. Duties generally include but are not limited to the following:
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS WHICH ARE NORMALLY REQUIRED:
1. Follows established safety practices and procedures.
2. Understanding of telecommunications technologies - TDM, IP, VoIP.
3. Operates Personal Computer, or similar devices, to access required systems, equipment and data bases. Creates, modifies and corrects information as appropriate.
4. Coordinates clearing of trouble with other groups and organizations. May work directly with customers.
5. Works with other team members, departments, and vendors as needed to ensure that all work efforts are done in a timely and efficient manner.
6. Demonstrates a high proficiency in resolving most complex problems within the wireless system.
7. Works independently.
8. Perform emergency response as necessary. May be required to be available for after-hour projects, on-call duty, and overtime.
9. Involved in network upgrades and changes including, but not limited to, the implementation of new products and services.
10. Analyzes data and performance metrics for possible problem areas.
11. Uses computer or work inputs to create, modify, and /or correct database contents.
12. May assist other technicians as directed by management.
13. May Drive Company vehicle.
14. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
Employee must have the ability to hear and distinguish various sounds and tones. Must have the ability to effectively communicate, including via telephone. Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed material.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent system diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- 6 years of experience in telecommunications
- Must be willing to work day, evening or night hours; overtime, emergency call-outs, weekends and holidays as required. Must assume 24-hour on-call duty when assigned, and applicable.
- May require valid state driver's license or CDL, whichever is applicable, and satisfactory driving record check.
- Must have satisfactory job performance on current position, relating to work performance, attendance, and safety, to be considered for this position.
BS degree in Electrical Engineering is desirable, but not required.
Dec 11, 2012, 12:00:00 AM
Dec 17, 2012, 11:59:59 PM
At AT&T, we’re connecting the world like never before. Ready to get in on the action? Together we’ll do great things. If...