System Administrator (Linux/Unix) (Job Number: 305721)
The Intelligence Systems Business Unit of SAIC currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for managing the functionality and efficiency of one or more operating systems. Duties may include:
- Perform common Unix System Administration tasks
- Add and remove users, perform backups, install software, monitor system activity, and assist users on a daily basis
- Travel to customer locations and install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot customer Unix servers and workstations, both on-site and remotely
- Install and uninstall computer hardware components to include internal and peripheral devices
- Monitor system security on both server and client computers
- Coordinate with client management to formulate complex technical solutions
- Inform client management of appropriate developments in technical support products
- Evaluate products and upgrades for appropriateness
- Oversee and implement system upgrade strategies
- Participate in the design, implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions
- Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate
- Develop strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application
- Monitor database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required
- Mentor and provide guidance to less experienced personnel
- Provide technical guidance to appropriate personnel on difficult system administration activities
- Provide technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine technical issues
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- -Bachelors Degree (or equivalent work experience) in a related technical discipline and 5+ years of operating systems experience.
- -Experience with Unix and Unix shell scripting.
- -Experience with Redhat, Solaris 10 Opsware, SUN/IBM/HP blade servers a PLUS
- -Excellent communication skills.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 18, 2012, 10:49:38 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 20 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...