Right now, we’re looking for a Senior Linux Systems Engineer who will be involved from the design stage through production troubleshooting, from DNS to networking to application behavior and ultimately responsible for making sure our production systems are reliable and perform well.
• Redhat Linux administration, including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation.
• Capacity planning and monitoring of our virtual Linux systems, Cisco-based network, load balancers, and Java-based applications. We also house other verticals, which include python, ruby, and .Net technologies.
• Analysis of complex system behavior, performance, application issues, and development operations (automation/tools)
• BA/BS in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience.
• At least 5 years of experience with Linux/UNIX system administration.
• IP networking, including the functionality, operating, and failure modes of networks.
• Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience.
• Experience in a high-volume or critical production environment with responsibility for at least 50 Linux/UNIX servers.
• Ability to handle periodic on-call duty.
At TrueCar, it’s our mission to transform the car-buying process. We understand that our employees are essential to making this goal a reality, so we empower them to share their vision. And we reward this kind of passion with a highly competitive salary and amazing benefits including company equity, 100% paid family medical, dental, and vision plans, and a healthy 401(k). We’ll also offer fitness reimbursement , 10 paid holidays , career training, over three weeks PTO and more.
Our Culture: At TrueCar, we’re led by an executive team that is truly committed to creating a car-buying process that is simple, fast and fair. Invention, collaboration and passion are principles they exhibit and value and the result is a company that works hard, has fun and feels good about making a difference and providing an amazing experience for our customers. If this sounds like a company you’d like to be a part of and a culture that aligns with your beliefs, we’d like to hear from you. Visit us at TrueCar.com.