Vice President, National Network Operations
The Vice President, National Network Operations provides strategic direction and leadership for infrastructure, applications and systems support, and maintenance of current and future technologies used in Cox's national networks to support Cox services and operations. Identifies new technologies and tools to improve operations and service delivery. Consistently drives process improvement and unit cost reduction. At the Corporate level, provides strategic guidance and technical assistance to field operations.
Networks supported include: Residential and Business Voice Services, High Speed Internet, Centralized Video, WiFi, and the National Fiber Backbone.
1. Provides overall strategic leadership, vision, and execution of technology solutions and production support, ensuring delivery of company's business objectives.
2. Identifies, proposes, and influences business solutions, negotiates deliverables and requirements across multiple business customers and organizations.
3. Anticipates industry future directions and relating those changes to current and future needs and projects.
4. Participates with peer functional groups to develop, manage, track, and analyze operational support structures, tools, methods and procedures, processes, to gain maximum effectiveness, efficiencies, and a quality customer experience.
5. Educates and negotiates with business leadership and management and with broader management/technologists to ensure successful development, deployment, and ROI on business solutions.
6. Ensures that the design and integration of customer solutions with product and business partners leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
7. Works closely with senior management of assigned business unit(s) in order to fully understand business priorities of that unit and the corporation as a whole.
8. Provide strong leadership and vision to the Network Operations organization, motivating them to meet and exceed business objectives.
9. A fundamental understanding of what it takes to effectively support a complex, telecommunication network and product line.
10. Excellent at problem solving - Problems are complex and difficult; Solutions require complicated, extensive analysis and detailed investigation.
1. BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired. MBA or related Master's Degree preferred.
2. 10+ years' experience in relevant, senior-level positions. Extensive experience in networking technologies, such as switching, routing, firewalls, etc.
3. Minimum of 5 years' experience managing a team that has significant business impact required. Large team leadership preferred.
4. Proven leadership of multi-level organization.
5. Telecom/Cable industry experience strongly preferred.
6. Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
7. Strong knowledge of Quality Management/Process Improvement.
Cox Communications, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home...