· This position is responsible for the control of all production through Staff and Team Production Operators. The incumbent is responsible for overall team performance to meet or exceed company goals and objectives.
· Manages daily production workflow and priorities through supervisors. Ensures maximum processing to meet legal and contractual obligations. Minimizes operational expenditures (e.g., CPWUs) in cost centers. Develops, refines and implements policies and procedures to optimize personnel and equipment resources.
· Provides customer service. Coordinates activities between Mail Services, other departments and their customers. Develops, implements and monitors special account handling procedures. Investigates inquiries and generates responses to customer service. Conducts facility tours for customers, potential customers and upper management. Purchases supplies and accessories through internal purchasing department and/or external vendors. Maintains daily dialogue with U.S. Post Office officials, updating government regulations/procedures and implementing those necessary to maintain compliance. Reports monthly accruals and variances in the budget to Accounting Department for cost centers.
· Monitors and maintains records of performance. Manages and guides subordinates in the administration of company policies and procedures. Develops staff by recommending educational classes, cross training and company meetings to improve job knowledge. Assists supervisors in developing, training and motivating associates to acquire and meet maximum quality, efficiency, and production standards. Monitors daily operation to ensure quality work and material flow, through proper use of manpower, equipment and facility.
· Assists senior management in short-term and long-term facility planning requirements. Plans capacities and schedules for shorter contractual standards; contacts potential suppliers for floor and production equipment. Reviews bids with manager of Mail Services to ensure all specifications are met and to select supplier. Prepares essential daily, weekly and monthly reports utilized by department managers for short-term and long-term budgeting process. Assists senior management to develop yearly operating budget and monitors labor expenses throughout year for compliance to budget guidelines.
· Manages employee safety. Ensures staff and employees adhere to all safety regulations. Ascertains that all equipment is maintained to safety specifications, with the assistance of the Tech. Maintenance Department, to provide maximum production according to OSHA regulations. Develops and implements participation of staff and associates in safety training classes. Tests and provides safety equipment to prevent hearing damage due to high decibel level of machine noise.
· Accountable for Output Services. Monitors and/or directs all activities including special projects for departments that provide no swing and mid shift managers. Prepares, maintains and updates daily production data as required by department manager. Develops and implements special procedures upon request from customers. Provides high-quality products through Output Services’ workforce prior to release of FDR control.
- College degree or equivilent work experience.
- Previous management experience.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment which includes flexibility, professionalism, and a willingness to help others.
First Data - 17 months ago
Whether you are just beginning your career or have many years of experience, First Data can provide you with a wealth of exciting challenges...