Provide a consistently high degree of both friendliness and efficiency for all guests and visitors by parking guest vehicles in a safe and orderly manner. Greet and welcome arriving guests as they enter the hotel. Assist both arriving and departing guests with baggage handling, ski storage and shipping requirements. Also driving the fleet vehicles to transport guests to and from the mountain.
60% Provides guests with storage service when guest drops off their skis, furnishes information. Answers phones using phone etiquette in three rings.
5% Coordinates transportation for guests. Uses professional etiquette when speaking to a guest. Greets the guest with a cheerful and pleasant voice using guest's name at least thrice during a conversation.
5% Delivers skis and equipment in a timely manner. Asks the guest if there are any additional items needed and follows through with all of their requests. Correctly processes mail, messages, faxes and packages.
10% Drive guest vehicles from motor court to designated parking area of garage for valet parking and return guest vehicle to motor court for guest pick-up when needed. Drive hotel fleet to meet guest transportation needs.
10% Welcome and escort guests to and from their rooms and assisting with luggage. Inform guests of all safety features and promote hotel outlets. Introduce Starwood Preferred Guest Program to guests upon arrival and recognize club members and VIP's. Maintain accurate logs.
10% Store guest baggage upon request and assist with the loading and unloading of baggage into and out of automobiles.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Starwood rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel
- Perform related services as requested by guests or supervisors.
- Tidy/decorate lobby.
- Deliver faxes, mail and messages.
- Clean/polish bell carts.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Concierge level knowledge needed of hotel amenities, restaurants, travel and transportation information.
- Knowledge of the city, particularly downtown and tourist attractions.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must have the ability to bend, squat and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
High school or equivalent education preferred.
Ability to operate all types of passenger vehicles (standard and automatic).
Licenses or Certificates
Valid Colorado driver's license required.
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Starwood Hotels - 2 years ago