The Youth Worker will provide direct service to a year round therapeutic day treatment program for adolescent males in Scott County, Iowa. This person will actively participate in all aspects of the program including: recreation, tutoring, group activities, skill building, meal planning and preparation and family activities. Program is in operation Monday – Friday, with weekend rotating phone coverage.
1. Work closely with Juvenile Court Officers, youth and their families to implement a treatment plan that decrease risk factors and help youth succeed in school, home and community.
2. Work with staff to implement a treatment program that incorporates all the service components such as; therapeutic activities, skill building, group / individual therapy, behavior management and educational attainment. Be knowledgeable of the latest, most successful, evidence based program components that address the needs of delinquent youth and incorporate best practice techniques in the program.
3. Work closely with treatment team to collect data that supports the successful completion of the treatment program and follow up with families for at least six months after completion of the program.
4. Serve as liaison between the program, home, school and community support systems to measure progress or opportunities for adding components to the treatment plan to address needs for improvement.
6. Participate in periodic reviews and evaluations of progress to meet the goals of the treatment plan.
7. Establish and maintain a therapeutic relationship with adolescents and their families to monitor progress, assess needs, and coordinate supportive services.
8. Work with other members of the treatment team to provide tracking and on call services.
9. Maintain daily logs for each student.
10. Actively participate in the recreational / therapeutic activities of the program.
11. Co-facilitate or facilitate group work with students and/or their families as needed.
12. Plan and supervise daily living skills such as: chores, meal preparation, homework, family night activities and personal hygiene.
13. Transport students and/or their families as necessary.
B.A. or B.S. degree in Social Work, Education or other related field. Previous experience working with adolescents involved in Juvenile Court is preferred.
Possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.