Do you want to make a difference? Do you enjoy learning and sharing your knowledge? If so, then ECPI University may be the place for you. We are seeking professionals with the experience and credentials to help transform the lives of our students.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Online, is a nationally ranked, regionally accredited, private institution offering Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree, diploma and certification programs in Technology, Business, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts and Health Science. For over 45 years, ECPI University has been helping adult and traditional students achieve their educational goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment and working closely with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful on the job. Growth at our campuses creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives. Excellence, Commitment, Professionalism, and Innovation- they are more than just words . . . they define who we are – ECPI University.
ECPI University faculty members are responsible for delivering quality student-centered hands-on active instruction in order to prepare our students for success.
Faculty in the CIS program provide students with the knowledge, technical skills, problem solving abilities, and work habits necessary for entry-level employment in various information technology related fields including database programming, network security, simulation and game programming, and web development.
• Providing hands-on classroom instruction
• Maintaining and updating course syllabi; assisting in the development of new curricula
• Preparing and utilizing approved lesson plans
• Providing for the care of supplies and equipment
• Implementing evaluation devices of student learning and externship experience to measure progress and competency
• Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and objectives
Preparing student progress reports and grade reports
• Maintaining accurate and timely attendance records
• Attending faculty meetings
• Maintaining professional qualifications through participation in continuing education programs and academic courses
• Participating in campus events to include open houses, student awards ceremonies, and graduation ceremonies
• Other duties as assigned
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related discipline or a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline
• Prior teaching experience preferred
• Industry experience preferred
• Ability to create and maintain relationships
• Motivated, self-starter
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work flow
• Ability to meet deadlines
ECPI University - 12 months ago