Requisition ID: |
Puerto Rico Ops
Research & Development
Business Sub Function:
New Product R&D
Provides technical leadership, guidance, and approval, and also performs a wide variety of technical work in all phases of product development and redesign, which will lead to new or improved medical products/product lines under marketing, cost, time and regulatory constraints. Work is predominantly intellectual in nature.
Complies with regulatory requirements, quality standards, and Corporate/site policies
Supports (or lead design related) CAPA, NC Action, and Continuous Improvement projects, in this listed priority
Designs, redesigns, and/or launches medical devices and/or their components according to divisional design control, site process control, and divisional/site design transfer procedures
Analyzes, contains, and remediates potential and current product issues using risk management procedures and systematic problem solving techniques
Works within multifunctional teams in design, development, realization, and modification of products, engineering systems or manufacturing technologies
Contributes towards the launch and sustainment of medical devices to maximize relevant performance, minimize time to market, and minimize product cost
Exercises initiative, discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
Interacts effectively with customers at a peer level
Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objective of assignment
Works under only general direction
Wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques
Builds knowledge of cross business unit products/processes within his/her business unit and Division.
Provides solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems where the analysis of situations and data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives
Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
May function in technical leadership role on multiple projects
Has administrative authority for engineering drawings, BOM and engineering change orders
May train others on functional area related topics
Will monitor and control progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
Performs design reviews to evaluate metrics, technical challenges, design evolution, potential problems, etc.
May Originate, update and control the project binder
- May lead, provide feedback on performance, and train lower level employees
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
- Ability to operate common office equipment (e.g. calculator, PC, telephone, etc.) and common measuring devices (e.g. micrometers, calipers, voltmeters, etc.).
- Must have good visual acuity and demonstrate fine motor skills.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
- Must be able to generate, follow and explain detailed instructions and design parameters.
- Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
- Must be able to analyze and correct complex product design issues of a moderate scope using independent judgment.
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Interacts effectively with customers at a peer level.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical problem solving skills.
- More than 4 years related engineering experience.
- Excellent technical competencies record and evidence of mastery in current or previous area of assignment.
- B.S. of Engineering with 4 or more years of experience or Masters of Science with 2 or more years of experience or PhD
- Working knowledge of ProE or Solidworks computer aided modeling and drafting desirable.
Percent Travel Required:
Stryker - 10 months ago
Is this an operating room or Dad's workshop? Stryker's surgical products include such instruments as drills, saws, and even cement...