The Logistics Paper Scheduler role requires strong forecasting and strategic analysis skills for planning. This position works closely with mill operations and production planning, requiring an understanding of inventory control and paper scheduling. Responsible for making independent decisions to impact the flow of inventory and determine and optimize mix and mode. While working in a fast paced environment, ensure customer requirements are met and positive relationships are built with carriers, shippers and internal/external customers. Understanding and continually managing volume, flows, seasonal fluctuations, service requirements and service performance are required daily and through strategic analysis. |
1. Work collaboratively with customer counterparts to plan and forecast paper production, schedule customer order fulfillment and build warehouse picking and shipping instructions.
2. Analyze the financial impact of changes in routing, mode, equipment, carrier, sourcing, volume and/or product mix and take appropriate action to mitigate negative cost and commercial impacts to the customer.
3. Forecast and obtain appropriate Rail, Truck and Intermodal capacity and equipment
4. Optimally balance order fulfillment, mode mix and warehouse inventory levels to manage transportation costs and prevent costly paper machine shutdowns
5. Professionally represent SLI while working on-site at the Customer’s various locations and building strong relationships with mill operations, mill supply chain, customer service and central logistics personnel.
6. Leverage experience and working knowledge to effectively consolidate shipments in a dynamic environment.
7. Accountable for identifying and implementing new cost savings opportunities for SLI and our customer.
8. Accountable for analyzing and implementing improvements to current internal systems and processes.
9. Accountable for analyzing, recommending and implementing improvements to current external systems and processes.
10. Make recommendations regarding dedicated lanes, continuous moves, route designs and other mode and savings opportunities.
11. Initiate and complete miscellaneous transportation and logistics cost analyses as requested by customer or Account Management.
12. Select the most cost effective carriers using available optimization tools to include rate negotiation.
13. Develop and maintain internal and external relationships through appropriate networking and strong communications.
14. Track shipments in SUMIT and collaborate with partner carriers to ensure on - time customer delivery.
15. Secure and recommend solutions for all expedited shipments.
16. Effectively understand and utilize all tools provided in the performance of your role.
1. Two to three years of college, technical or business school required. Preferred areas of study include Transportation, Logistics, or Business.
2. Two to three years relevant work experience required.
3. Proficiency with contemporary software products to include Microsoft, Access, etc.
4. Effective communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize workload.
6. Team Player with the ability to provide assistance to other team members.
7. Effective decision making and problem solving skills.
8. High stress tolerance.
9. Self motivated and self directed.
10. Proven peer leadership skills to address issues and influence change.
11. Strong Analytical skills.
12. Willingness to accept ownership and be accountable for a specific set of key performance indicators.
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...