Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia, seeks a full-time Instructor to assist in development and instruction within the Engineering Technology program. The Engineering Technology Instructor is responsible for fulfilling both administrative and non-administrative (teaching) duties.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Application review begins immediately, but position will remain open until filled.
- Assist in development and implementation of the curriculum for new associate degree programs in electromechanical and mechanical engineering technology and their associated pathways.
- Recommend purchase of instructional equipment and supplies for initial set-up and as program evolves; design classroom and laboratory space.
- Work with college administrators to establish prior learning assessment methods as well as articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities with engineering programs.
- Specific teaching responsibilities: use appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrate current knowledge of subject area; use effective written and oral communication skills; maintain educational records; develop curriculum; select textbooks and supplementary instructional materials; use technology appropriate to the subject taught; establish course and program learning outcomes and evaluate students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; order supplies and equipment; assist with student recruitment, retention, advisement, and placement; and adhere to accreditation requirements for the program and the college.
- Maintain qualifications for employment as required by the state and college/
- Adhere to the rules and regulations stated in the Technical College System of Georgia Policy Manual and to the policies and procedures of the college.
- Serve on committees as assigned.
- Participate in division and college-wide meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in the college’s faculty development program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The preferred candidate will have a minimum of a master’s degree in Electromechanical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Work experience in the industry or PE license preferred. Experience in working with PLCs, CNCs, and robotic programming highly preferred. Knowledge of industrial machinery, mechanical equipment, assembly lines, production processes, motor controls, and instrumentation preferred. Knowledge of automated, servomechanical, mechanical, or mechatronic systems desired. College-level teaching (including online/hybrid/web enhanced) and student advising experience preferred. Knowledge of establishing and evaluating student learning outcomes preferred. Knowledge of or experience with the ANGEL learning management system and online instruction helpful. The successful candidate will display strong written and oral communication, organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, click "Apply To This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Official copies of transcripts may be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
Athens Technical College - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard