ABM (NYSE: ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries (collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of integrated facility services. With over 100,000 employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients across the United States and various international locations. Learn more at www.abm.com .
Responsible for performing general clerical duties for assigned ABM Janitorial branch; work schedule is up to 8 hours a day, 5 days/week. This is non-exempt position.
Essential Job Functions:
· Provide general administrative support to the Branch Manager.
· Perform general accounting functions including billing, A/R, A/P.
· Monitor all incoming vendor invoices and ensure proper coding and routing for payables process, contact vendors when invoices are late to ensure proper payment during month expense was incurred.
· Contact customers to ensure timely payment of invoices and communicate all billing/receivable issues to Branch Manager.
· Complete work orders received from customers and provide follow up when completed.
· Maintain current listing of drivers for Branch fleet vehicles and communicate this listing to the Safety/Risk Management department.
· Coordinate customer events such as golf tournaments and after-hours functions within budgetary guidelines.
· Answer telephones in a professional manner and route calls appropriately.
· Order office supplies for the Branch through appropriate vendors.
· Run and enter annual inventory of all locations.
· Keep all subcontractor contracts and insurance certificates up to date.
· Complete special projects as needed.
· Provide assistance to Payroll Department, including sorting, batching and entering hourly payroll in a timely manner, balancing payroll and distributing payroll checks to Branch employees every pay period.
· Perform documentation searches and assist with updating client contracts.
· Build and maintain spreadsheets and prepare business correspondence as needed.
· Provide general customer service to clients, resolve square footage discrepancies
· Perform necessary functions such as filing, typing, and 10 key calculations.
· Perform all other duties associated with the general administrative functions necessary, as dictated by Branch Manager
Apply on line at: www.abm.com/careers
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2 years office management experience is required
- Must have intermediate understanding of accounting principles and office procedures
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel required)
- Prior training in business or office duties preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Bilingual ability (Spanish) is a plus.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 19 months ago