The Junior Linux Administrator is responsible for installing new hardware and software in a very dynamic multi-tiered network environment. They will serve as the first line of support in representing the Linux Infrastructure Team for internal customers in troubleshooting application and platform issues in development and QA environments. ~
- Deploys physical and virtual Linux (Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS) systems using pre-defined procedures.
- Work closely with network and development teams in troubleshooting Linux system and application configuration issues in pre-production environments.
- Use infrastructure automation tools (Bladelogic, kickstart) to deploy multi-server environments rapidly.
- Perform light scripting to improve automation of common tasks in the deployment and management of Linux infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 0 – 2 years of related experience
- Strong understanding of Linux Operating System fundamentals: system startup, process structure, core services, networking, storage.
- Scripting/programming (i.e. shell, perl, python) knowledge to understand scripts currently in use and perform minor modifications as necessary.
- Basic networking concepts: IP addressing, switches, firewalls.
- Basic understanding of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMWare.
- Self-starter with very strong desire to learn.
- Detail oriented individual good at following technical documentation.
- Strong communication skills to interface with other technology teams.
Dealertrack Technologies, Inc. - 2 years ago