Packer - Material Team Mamber - Temporary Fill (Job Number:302044)
The Logistics and Engineering Solutions Business Unit/ Supply Chain Integration Operation of SAIC is looking for an Material Team Member 1 to handle and process material for customer. This is a temporary position with the possibility of working into a direct full time position.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Candidate will maintain warehouse and equipment along with storage and inventory areas.
- Solve problems with suppliers and buyers in the office;
- Sort material/overshipments;
- Manually wrap/package material;
- Operate a computer manifest system for UPS/Parcel Post;
- Inspect incoming material/Record receipt on computer;
- Prepare bills of lading and related paperwork;
- Operate pallet wrapper and strapping machine;
- Operate hand and power tools;
- Provide proof of delivery;
- Maintain building/equipment;
- Keep records and file;
- Ship outbound material;
- Operate pallet jacks and forklift to move material; and
- Operate sealing machines to package material
REQUIRED SKILLS/EDUCATION: Candidate must have ability to operate mechanical equipment for packaging, receiving, and shipment. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook as well as be comfortable working with people. Must have 0 -5 years experience in inventory and material handling. High School degree or equivalent is also required. Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Mental demands of the job include reading, detail work, mathematics, reasoning, training, measuring, problem solving, flexibility to changing workloads.
Physical demands include lifting (over 50 lbs), driving forklift, cleaning parts, writing, speaking to customer, sitting, attendance, hearing, pushing, standing, reading, walking, climbing. May be exposed to fumes, grease, heat/cold, dust, noise, and chemical spills.
Candidate must be comfortable using the following equipment:
- Forklift, pallet jack, cart and dolly
- Computer terminal
- Sealing machine
- Pallet wrapper, nail gun, power/hand tools
- Shipping material
- Packaging machine
- Test & Inspection Equipment
- Hand packaging, tape, picking
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 20, 2012, 3:42:28 PM
Primary Location: United States-PA-CHAMBERSBURG
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 3 years ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...