The office is looking for an extremely talented hands-on Windows Systems Engineer to develop and manage Internet-based systems. The selected candidate will lead, manage, maintain and operate our physical and virtual servers and other infrastructure components that support complex applications within the office. This is a challenging job within a highly visible organization focused on real-world activities. This job requires a complete array of expert-level Windows system administration skills, including but not limited to virtualization, Powershell scripting, and other related supporting skills.
The candidate should be adept at assessing systems-related problems, and be proficient in developing concrete action plans to achieve greater efficiencies and meet strategic goals. This job requires both a hands-on/tactical approach as well as a strategic optic, from analyzing business needs at the project level to providing advice and counsel at the strategic level to review boards, and to senior-level managers on systems infrastructure capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
The person selected will be expected to provide analysis and recommendations on the organization's infrastructure and internal processes to help support the group chief's architectural strategy, technology migration, integration and evolution toward the parent organization's strategic goals. The person selected will be expected to perform effectively as a corporate resource at varying levels in the organization depending on the mission needs, including working with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. The selected candidate will also be expected to document and maintain configuration information of the organization's system infrastructure.
Required skills - Candidate must have all skills listed:
- Mature experience configuring, maintaining, integrating, securing, and managing physical and virtual servers in a production environment.
- Competent in MS Windows server administration skills using Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience hardening MS Windows-based systems using Group Policies
- Strong teaming skills and the ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team. This includes excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with integrating diverse physical and virtual servers, network storage devices and other infrastructure components within complex architectures
Location: Northern Virginia
- Fundamentally STRONG networking concepts.
- Microsoft certifications
- Experience administering virtual servers using MS Hyper-V technology
- Experience bringing MS Windows-based systems through the Certification & Accreditation process.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and software engineering skills
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities.
Degree: - - Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or a related degree program, or work-related experience that has provided equivalent knowledge. – Desired
Clearance: Positions require a Top Secret/SCI security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government.
KEYW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EOE M/F/D/V
KEYW Corporation - 18 months ago